SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some time last year, like a bonehead I forgot I was in gear in my driveway and let up the clutch, which of course resulted in a stall. Directly after this happened I noticed that my coolant temp gauge stopped working and the radiator fan was on full blast. It stayed like for a few days until I did an ECM reset by pulling fuses. Problem went away. All was good.

Well just the other day I momentarily forgot how to drive and stalled again on a hill. Later that day I noticed again that the temp gauge had stopped working. Same thing, ECM reset cleared the issue. So now I seem to have a repeatable issue of some sort, and I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this after stalling their car. I have no idea how these things could be related but these cars are weird so who knows. Some kind of software bug perhaps?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Some kind of software bug perhaps?
Yes. I encountered this in early 2006 and Volvo had no clue what was going on for quite a while. I brought the VR back three times for this issue and the dealership was clueless and kept shotgunning. After multiple reports of similar issues to Volvo, there was a software update to correct a calibration issue with the temperature sensor. I experienced it again 4-5 years ago and disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU cleared it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, at least I'm not the only one. So whatever software update Volvo issued did not work?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, the issue occurred 3 times in the first year(?) of service then one time in the subsequent 12 years. From that I would say the software update worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts