SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Knocking Noise From Under Driver Seat?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cementups 
#1 ·
KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT?

I get a minor knocking noise/sensation when i first start and drive my R. Its as if there is something physically bumping the floor under my feet at the pedals. It only happens the first time i drive it for the day, and only in first gear. any ideas what this could be?

In another, perhaps related issue...i'm feeling the slightest "slippage" when clutching into first gear. i cannot tell if its a mechanical issue or has something to do with the cars ECU or suspension.

this does not only happen once, but perhaps a few times before it goes away for the day. the possibilities seem endless...

any feedback would be appreciated!

#2 ·
you SURE its coming from under the driver seat?

if its happening right around 10mph, its your ABS performing a self-check. its completely normal.

#4 ·
Re: (kipp)

could be. i noticed it in the t5 more than i do in the R. like i said, ~10mph thats probably it.

#7 ·
Re: (kipp)

now that you mention it, it was slightly more noticeable in the cold.

if you are concerned and don't think that this might be it, take it to the dealer to be sure.

#9 ·
Re: KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT? (frankhoffy)

that wouldn't explain him only hearing it the once and the first time he drives the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.