SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT?

I get a minor knocking noise/sensation when i first start and drive my R. Its as if there is something physically bumping the floor under my feet at the pedals. It only happens the first time i drive it for the day, and only in first gear. any ideas what this could be? <p>In another, perhaps related issue...i'm feeling the slightest "slippage" when clutching into first gear. i cannot tell if its a mechanical issue or has something to do with the cars ECU or suspension.<p>this does not only happen once, but perhaps a few times before it goes away for the day. the possibilities seem endless...<p>any feedback would be appreciated! <p>

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
you SURE its coming from under the driver seat?<p>if its happening right around 10mph, its your ABS performing a self-check. its completely normal.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: (kipp)

could be. i noticed it in the t5 more than i do in the R. like i said, ~10mph thats probably it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...interesting...i ALWAYS hear it in the mornings, or at least on the first drive of the day...car is "cold"

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: (kipp)

now that you mention it, it was slightly more noticeable in the cold.<p>if you are concerned and don't think that this might be it, take it to the dealer to be sure.<p>

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT? (kipp)

Did you do an aftermarket exhaust system?<p>You may want to check to see if your exhaust is hitting your driveshaft.<p>Park it on a downhill incline and let it idle. See if you hear/feel the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT? (frankhoffy)

that wouldn't explain him only hearing it the once and the first time he drives the car.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: KNOCKING NOISE FROM UNDER DRIVER SEAT? (phuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>phuz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that wouldn't explain him only hearing it the once and the first time he drives the car.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That's how it acted with me though. I had to shim the support bearings on my downpipe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...no aftermarket exhaust. i think its the ABS and will mention it to my dealership on my next vist

1 - 12 of 12 Posts