SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Ive been debating getting one for a while now. What do you think of it in terms of fitment/modification? It looks like there are parts of it that dont quite match up with the lower bumper, like you can see past certain areas and the ground below.

Youre at stock ride height right? How is the scraping with this thing in everyday life-going over speed bumps and things.

It looks really awesome on your car and makes me want to do it that much more!!! But I dont wanna destroy my front end on a raised manhole or something lol.
It's not that low lol. It'll only scrape if you don't be careful and keep your eyes out for things that might hit it. The only time it scrapes is when entering parking lots, it scrapes a little. It looks loose because it was ripped off. I have to remount it properly this weekend and I'll be using bolts and nuts.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ah. Sweet, thanks for the info.. I suppose the only way to know is to actually try..
It'll require some modification, like I had to cut the fender area after the installation because it stuck out too much.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thanks for the close ups. seems simple enough. I think Im going to pull the trigger thanks to this my friend.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Trim and reattach the piece that closes in the back and it would look a lot more finished.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Golf ball sucks for sure. Photo shoot looks like Hines Drive.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Golf ball sucks for sure. Photo shoot looks like Hines Drive.
Good eye, it is! Love that road. Especially at night ;D I never seen you before, are you in the VEOM group? I know you're in Michigan.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Good eye, it is! Love that road. Especially at night ;D I never seen you before, are you in the VEOM group? I know you're in Michigan.
Enjoy driving Hines myself. I had a photo shoot with an old mustang there once. It really is a nice piece of SE Michigan. I work in the area so I probably make it onto Hines at least twice a week and usually in the R. My car looks nearly identical to yours minus the front lip.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Enjoy driving Hines myself. I had a photo shoot with an old mustang there once. It really is a nice piece of SE Michigan. I work in the area so I probably make it onto Hines at least twice a week and usually in the R. My car looks nearly identical to yours minus the front lip.
We should meet up and cruise! Are you in the Volvo Enthusiasts of Michigan group on FB?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Was this you I was behind this morning getting off Southfield at Outer Drive where it was shut down due to an accident?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Was this you I was behind this morning getting off Southfield at Outer Drive where it was shut down due to an accident?

Nope not me, I have the wide V O L V O, no S60 and the no exhaust signature ;)
But damn that's another R owner. I wonder if they're even enthusiasts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Oh well, thought it was a decent shot since I knew you had a silver R and lived in the area. Looked like his wheels were black so he must be into some form of modding... maybe he's lurking out there.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Havent updated this thread in a long while as I havent really done anything major to the car. But that'll be changing soon ;)

Got these in the mail today while I was working on the car trying to change my vacuum. Borla XR-1 muffler, 3in OBX DP and a 3in y pipe for the future dual exhaust and cut out valve to make her TRUE straight pipe on-demand :D

Oh I also fixed my dreaded issue where I loose braking and the pedal becomes rock solid if im making an emergency stop or doing spirited downshifting.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
care to share how you fixed the braking issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
care to share how you fixed the braking issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out my brake vacuum pump (seen to the left of the Borla box in the picture above) was dead, I replaced it and it worked instantly. Got a used one off ebay for $68 instead of paying $450 for a new one (****ing volvo...).

Symptoms: Loss of braking under heavy deceleration and/or quick downshifting, pumping the brake pedal before you start the car till its firm, if it doesn't become free again after turning on ignition (position 2 on key), then its a dead pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172016516862?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Update:

Cleaned and dipped my wheels pure white. Didn't think they'd look as good as I thought, they look so good in the sunlight and stand out very well. Also, flushed my coolant and change my expansion tank while the wheels were off the car.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Welp, been a while, 144k miles, car has been a badass, walking muscle cars all spring and summer long. NoWö is in 4 days so it was time to prep the car for the biggest Euro show in the North East. Took the headlights out and painted the side markers with a silver spray can that was in the house when we bought it. Its the exact same silver color that Volvo used for the plastics on the car and the engine bay. Speaking of which, about a month ago I repainted the engine bay plastics and covers since they were worn down from all the salt and heat, and the paint was faded. Found a spray can at Home Depot that was the same blue Volvo uses, it was a new color too! Also decided to paint the front lower lip the same color as the headlights and grille.

Id say I out did this. I completely in love with this new look, its just so simple and clean! :cool::heart:

Passenger fog light is still dead, its completely ripped out of its shell and its all corroded. Think imma replace both, might aswell. If anyone has a used one, hmu!

41 - 60 of 489 Posts