SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
481 - 489 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
I've been using Valvoline MaxLife. I'll switch to that one next.

If the engine block is safe to reuse, I'll just leave this trans in and have the valve body rebuilt or replaced and change the filter then try again with the currently installed one. Well see how it goes. I need to get an auxiliary cooler on it too.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I've been using Valvoline MaxLife. I'll switch to that one next.

If the engine block is safe to reuse, I'll just leave this trans in and have the valve body rebuilt or replaced and change the filter then try again with the currently installed one. Well see how it goes. I need to get an auxiliary cooler on it too.

You have to split the trans cases to change the filter. I’d recommend refreshing the other trans and doing a swap. Don’t add additives whatever you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Got it. Thanks Neal!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
The silver color is bright and fresh
Thanks man! I love this silver and how it changes color depending on the lighting.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Just wanna update the thread. Fixed the engine, turned out it was just a simple blown HG (phew). The car is running better than every, but unfortunately my AWD went out, not sure what the cause is yet since I haven't checked. Been driving it around with traction turned off and having fun with a FWD R 😅🤣

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
(y)
You don't get ticketed for driving without a hood?
I bet that motor is SO happy with all that extra air!
Just wanna update the thread. Fixed the engine, turned out it was just a simple blown HG (phew). The car is running better than every, but unfortunately my AWD went out, not sure what the cause is yet since I haven't checked. Been driving it around with traction turned off and having fun with a FWD R 😅🤣

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just read through your entire thread after realizing you're the guy whose Youtube videos have helped me out doing my shim and head service. I'm on a similar build path and looking forward to the fun. Cheers and nice R!

481 - 489 of 489 Posts