SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today:

Car has been an absolute blast to own, it's my place of Zen! Game plan is to gradually jump from Stock to Stage 3 (bolt-ons, hybrid K24 turbo), then Stage 4 (B5244T5 with upgraded internals, big turbo, possibly EFR7163 or EFR7670, and all the bells and whistles).

Current mods:

Performance
- Hilton S3 (25psi) with E85.
- K24 Hybrid (11 blade compressor with clipped turbine and 360 thrust bearing) with CHRA upgrades by Duke City Turbos (Nick Knight on FB)
- Devil's Own Stage 2 water meth injection (start at 9psi, max at 23psi using a 7 micron nozzle).
- Bosch 1000cc injectors.
- Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump.
- Torqbyte PM3 fuel pump power controller.
- Snabb BIG intercooler upgrade
- Modified OBX downpipe to a 3in electronic cutout valve
- 3in straight pipe to a Borla XR-1 muffler (#40943) in the back
- Snabb 3in turbo inlet pipe
- Forge CBV with 23psi spring (Yellow)

Chassis
- Eibach lowering springs
- IPD Rear chassis brace
- IPD Poly top engine mount
- FCP/Pro Parts Sweden Poly bottom trans mount

Cosmetic
- Headlight sidemarker repaint & wiper delete
- Heavily modified Mitsubishi Evo 10 duck tail trunk spoiler
- Subaru CS2 STI front lip
- Cut airbox cover
- Cut fog grilles for air ducts

Misc
- GROM Audio unit for Bluetooth and USB

Dec 3rd 2014: Hey guys! I've been creeping around and posting on here for a while but have yet to introduce myself and my car. I got her 3 weeks ago, she's a Silver 06' S60R without the appearance package (which I would've loved to have) and has 124k miles on her, one owner with all the maintenance history which was great and made me more confident getting her. I had her checked by the original dealership that the first owner purchased it from and had all service and maintenance done at, so they knew the car from corner to corner.

Here are some photos I took on a 2 hour drive same day I got her.

Going to be posting the mods as replies.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Beautiful car, basically my car's twin. Not that Electric/Nordkap is a rare color combo but ya know. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks David.

I wanted more out the audio system in the car and found GROM Audio. Pretty awesome addon. A little tedious, takes a bit of time and needs the right tools. But after I was done it was worth it. Bluetooth capability, make phone calls and listen to music plus charging. Goodbye stupid Cigarette Bluetooth dongle. I followed this video for the installation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pokjxfEaxfI

Most annoying part about the installation was that the damn shifter lever was in the way and I had to be careful when moving the box around from fear of snapping a wire or cable.

Sent from Tapatalk because the people around me are boring.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice score. Pretty much a copy of my car aside from the choice of trans. I see you're in Michigan too... where abouts?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice score. Pretty much a copy of my car aside from the choice of trans. I see you're in Michigan too... where abouts?
Thanks dudly. Stationed in Dearborn Heights.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks dudly. Stationed in Dearborn Heights.

Love your Tapatalk signature by the way :OT:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys know of any Volvo meets that go on year round? I usually go to VAG meets, I went to NoWö last year, I saw a lot of Volvos there :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I go out all year round normally, currently working on my R, My good friend Jhin is having a meet the 20th. Its a volvo only meet, not all just R's but a few of us R owners. Add me on facebook if you want so I can invite you to the event and also our Michigan Volvo Enthusiasts page (invite only group)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I go out all year round normally, currently working on my R, My good friend Jhin is having a meet the 20th. Its a volvo only meet, not all just R's but a few of us R owners. Add me on facebook if you want so I can invite you to the event and also our Michigan Volvo Enthusiasts page (invite only group)
Sweet! I'll PM you my FB info. I think imma add info on my thread about Volvo meets here in MI, since I looked everywhere and couldn't find ****.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Dearborn is where I work. :)

Jhin... where's my invite buddy?! LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm from Michigan too, Ann Arbor area. Glad to see some people around Michigan as I've seen a bunch of Volvos and a few R's around here.

Can I be added to the group? I Just requested to be added on Facebook. My first name is Stephen. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Nice R and welcome.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Debaged and installed wide V O L V O emblem for rear. Looks great and adds to the look of the car. Highly recommend this.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm old school to where I prefer the old narrow arrangement.

I'm just glad you didn't debadge the rear R ;)
Yup, thats what I had in mind in the begging when I got the car. Wanted the wide volvo and keep the R.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fixed my droopy lip by drilling 4 holes in both levels of the bottom and using black zip ties to hold it. NO MORE UNNECESSARY SCRAPING!

Also, GROM unit went haywire. Theres a fuse in the unit that went out. SO I sent the entire unit and harness in for inspection and replacement by GROM. Their support is awesome and theyre happy to help.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Removed my resonator and Exhaust Bracket of Death today. There's a very slight difference in sound in the cabin, but for outside it definitely sounds a little louder in a tasteful way.

1 - 20 of 485 Posts