SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, Hopefully I can receive some tips on this, after my last posts.......
I have a 2015.5 T5 and have occasionally left the keys on passenger seat, or in holder and manually locked the door from driver's armrest button. I do not have remote start. I always have to insert the fob into the dash holder.
I can't find anything that stops the doors from locking when the fob is in cabin. Is there such an animal/procedure?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
You could get a replacement metal blade key cut and then hide it somewhere on the exterior of the car.

Or... only lock the car with the key fob...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could get a replacement metal blade key cut and then hide it somewhere on the exterior of the car.

Or... only lock the car with the key fob...
OK. Was hoping for an electronic sensor that the fob trips in dashboard.
Thanks for comment.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There is something of an electronic sensor so to speak.
If a front door is open the car knows it so if you press the lock button the doors will lock and quickly unlock, the logic being to prevent you from locking the keys in the car.
The only way you can reach those buttons is from inside.
Of course you can reach them from the outside if the windows are down but then you could also just retrieve the remote.
Have you had a problem or are you just asking?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
Had the problem 2x...... was able to use a spare key to unlock door.
I have habit(I'll break) of pushing the start/off button, opening door, without grabbing that fob. Need to change obviously. I'll try to have a spare metal key made to hide outside of car....

·
Registered
160 Posts
good spots to have it hidden:

Rear bumper around exhaust or by hitch, use piano wire or something that can handle heat.
Ziptied to your washer jet line (under hood, but in view of driver window. Would be from driver side hood hinge to driver side washer nozzle) needs knife or snippers though
Hidden in fog light assembly (I know my 12 is different than your 15.5 but you don't need that much force to pop the shroud off around your assembly, just need to have some nails)

I'd also say maybe in one of the headlight washer jet points but you'd have to test that, they do pop up and you can gently pull them up without harming the car, would be a question of "would it fit?"

These are where I would think would be good, and unless someone who steals cars reads this, you should be fine.

Hope this helps!
Charlie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good spots to have it hidden:

Rear bumper around exhaust or by hitch, use piano wire or something that can handle heat.
Ziptied to your washer jet line (under hood, but in view of driver window. Would be from driver side hood hinge to driver side washer nozzle) needs knife or snippers though
Hidden in fog light assembly (I know my 12 is different than your 15.5 but you don't need that much force to pop the shroud off around your assembly, just need to have some nails)

I'd also say maybe in one of the headlight washer jet points but you'd have to test that, they do pop up and you can gently pull them up without harming the car, would be a question of "would it fit?"

These are where I would think would be good, and unless someone who steals cars reads this, you should be fine.

Hope this helps!
Charlie
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm travelling with a spare valet/blade key, and try those locations also.
SLAINTE'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts