SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tailgate gradually stopped getting unlocked when I pull the handle while having the PCC in my pocket. First it would work Half the time but now it doesn't work anymore. When the doors are locked and I approach the car from behind and pull the handle the doors don't unlock. I have to either pull one of the handles to unlock the car or manually unlock it and open the tailgate.

Is it the switch that triggers the unlock or is it the sensor that detects the key in the back of the car? Anyone with experience can tell me how to get to the sensor to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PCC works fine with every other lock. I can run its functions from far away, so I doubt it's the batteries. I'm going to replace them just in case. I'll write back shortly.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Any chance you have a cell phone in the same pocket with the PCC? That can cause intermittent disfunction, especially with the tailgate but also sometimes with the doors.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My tailgate gradually stopped getting unlocked when I pull the handle while having the PCC in my pocket. First it would work Half the time but now it doesn't work anymore. When the doors are locked and I approach the car from behind and pull the handle the doors don't unlock. I have to either pull one of the handles to unlock the car or manually unlock it and open the tailgate.

Is it the switch that triggers the unlock or is it the sensor that detects the key in the back of the car? Anyone with experience can tell me how to get to the sensor to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.
Same problem here. I think the fix could be RTJ no. 24192; however I haven't got a chance to bring it to the dealer to get it fixed. The RTJ states: tailgate no function from handle. It has to do with corrosion built up on the connection. Mine started doing it intermittently since last summer and now it doesn't work at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.