SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that lately my keyless entry started to get glitchy. The range dropped down to 15 feet at most and I have to push the buttons up to 3 times to get the car to respond. I tried replacing the battery in the fob to no avail. Is there some sort of a reset of learning that can be performed on the system?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've been noticing that lately my keyless entry started to get glitchy. The range dropped down to 15 feet at most and I have to push the buttons up to 3 times to get the car to respond. I tried replacing the battery in the fob to no avail. Is there some sort of a reset of learning that can be performed on the system?
Check got any local interference. My garage door opener interfere with my remote receiver, reducing the range from normal to having to be right beside the drivers door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check got any local interference. My garage door opener interfere with my remote receiver, reducing the range from normal to having to be right beside the drivers door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not interference. Happens just about anywhere I go.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I had to reflow the solder on the fob for the 03. Remove all the plastic heat up the chip with a heatgun or 10 minutes in the oven at 375 suspended on aluminum foil balls. not too hot!

I was impatient and used a propane torch on low, but the same principle :angryfire:

Came out a little crispy, but it works first try every time since I did that :D:whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts