SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had key problems? My remote has been acting weird since few days and i thought it might be batteries and just changed batteries but my remote doesn’t always work. It only locks/unlocks 6 out of 10 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use the tiny fob instead of the full blown key on my 2017 S90 and it is getting to the point that if the car is "idling" overnight and I go to get in, in the morning, it won't recognize me and unlock via proximity the first try. I practically smash my hip against the door, then it unlocks.

It probably needs a battery replacement, and the dealer wouldn't have done it at any of the services, since they always require the full blown big key when I come in for service. The fob doesn't allow some functions for some odd reason.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My key has been doing that as well. It won't react to button presses either. I replaced the battery today but haven't tried it yet. Funny thing is my gfs Hyundai Sonata tells you if the battery is low on the remote. Too bad Volvo doesn't seem to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Anyone had key problems? My remote has been acting weird since few days and i thought it might be batteries and just changed batteries but my remote doesn’t always work. It only locks/unlocks 6 out of 10 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same! 2017 T6. Haven't changed the battery yet though.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Maybe a long shot but have any of you been keeping the key along with your RFID blocking wallet (or maybe bought a new wallet which has RFID blocking)? It happened to me when I bought a new wallet and kept everything in my right-front pocket and the car won't open. Put the wallet in my other pocket and the car locks/unlocks just perfect.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe a long shot but have any of you been keeping the key along with your RFID blocking wallet (or maybe bought a new wallet which has RFID blocking)? It happened to me when I bought a new wallet and kept everything in my right-front pocket and the car won't open. Put the wallet in my other pocket and the car locks/unlocks just perfect.
My cellphone did that with my MB key. Now keep them in separate pockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts