SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2012 S60, both key fobs say low battery and it takes several times to open door with fob. Batteries and new and verified that they are working. Volvo dealership can't determine why it's happening. Suggest a new fob but are not sure it will fix the situation. The car battery was replaced a couple months ago. Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Could the problem be on the other end?
I mean could it be the receiver in the car that has an issue?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When the car battery was replaced, did they do a reset in the BMS?

As for new FOB, that will run $300 plus. Careful doing this as well. You are only allowed so many FOBS to be coded to the car. Once you hit the limit (5, I think) you will have to replace the system. Are they willing to refund the money for the FOB and find a way to reset if it's not the case?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could the problem be on the other end?
I mean could it be the receiver in the car that has an issue?
I wonder that too but the dealership said they couldn't find a problem. They contacted another dealership and they weren't able to help. $200 later and no diagnosis

·
Registered
720 Posts
I assume they reset the BMS. I can ask as we did pay for software changes
BMS will not affect the key fob battery message. They're completely separate.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
You don't have to replace "the system" if 5 keys are programmed. You can erase old keys.

Is your car keyless?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't have to replace "the system" if 5 keys are programmed. You can erase old keys.

Is your car keyless?
Currently, i have to push the unlock several times for doors to unlock, touching handle doesn't activate it and the key fob has to go in the slot to start car. Everything points to the key fob battery being weak but both fobs have the issue, both have new batteries that were checked and this started 3 weeks after new battery put in car. It's very strange. Dealership won't reimburse us if a new fob does not correct the problem.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
It could still be keyless and have an antenna problem. I can check if you post or PM the VIN if you are in the US.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Is your car keyless?
Good to know. Thanks. I had assumed once you hit 5 you were done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts