SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently the both key fobs for my mom's xc70 are only working about half of the time to unlock the car. When it does this my mom was opening the drivers door with the manual key and setting the alarm off. (6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday :facepalm::mad:) I recently discovered that when it won't unlock I can use the manual key to unlock the drivers door and then push unlock on the key fob and it will work, unlocking the other doors and disarming the alarm. I can't figure out why this is happening. When it does happen neither key will work to do anything. When it's acting normally both keys work from a very long range and there is no message when you get in the car about a low key battery like my S 40 has given me before.

Has this ever happened to anyone else I'm hoping I can avoid taking it to the dealer which is almost an hour away.

Ps the car did this a few times when it was brand new and my parents took it to the dealer (which used to be right in our town before they closed) but I'm not sure what was done

Any ideas?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Call the dealer, the circuit board could be bad, the batteries could be shot, the electrical sensor in the car could be shorting... give them a call and see if you can trouble shoot it before you take it in.

Reactions: JakeHawk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well for now it seems to have resolved. I'll just wait and see if it starts acting up again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts