SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 XC90 T6 Mom+ and it's been a pleasure since I got it as a CPO. It came with 2 fobs plus the sport key. Over the year and a half that I've owned it, I have tried every set of recommendations/suggestions in these forums for attaching driver profiles properly to the fobs - all to no avail. I've hoped through various software updates that Volvo would fix this - as I've seen so many on here complain about the same thing - yet I've seen no real change. To be clear about my personal experience, the vehicle only intermittently recognizes my key fob as my profile (same for my wife's, so at least it's consistent between fobs). Key word is intermittent, as I'm sure if I actually bring it in for service we will be completely unable to get it to not work perfectly.

So my question is: Is it worth bringing it in to see if they can fix it? Or do we all agree that this is some issue/limitation that Volvo doesn't seem to be able to definitively fix? This is a CPO vehicle and I have 5+yrs/70k left of warranty, so it's really no skin off my back to bring it in, other than the time I waste back and forth to the dealership.

What ye all say?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I been there brother, the latest update from dealership pretty much fixed my issues. it's not 100% but it's close enough, Google the latest update notes to read about it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I have a 2017 XC90 T6 Mom+ and it's been a pleasure since I got it as a CPO. It came with 2 fobs plus the sport key. Over the year and a half that I've owned it, I have tried every set of recommendations/suggestions in these forums for attaching driver profiles properly to the fobs - all to no avail. I've hoped through various software updates that Volvo would fix this - as I've seen so many on here complain about the same thing - yet I've seen no real change. To be clear about my personal experience, the vehicle only intermittently recognizes my key fob as my profile (same for my wife's, so at least it's consistent between fobs). Key word is intermittent, as I'm sure if I actually bring it in for service we will be completely unable to get it to not work perfectly.

So my question is: Is it worth bringing it in to see if they can fix it? Or do we all agree that this is some issue/limitation that Volvo doesn't seem to be able to definitively fix? This is a CPO vehicle and I have 5+yrs/70k left of warranty, so it's really no skin off my back to bring it in, other than the time I waste back and forth to the dealership.

What ye all say?
Is having a driver profile associated to a Key FOB important or desirable for you or your family? If yes to either, then it is worth figuring it out.

Since it is a CPO, are the keys the original Key FOBs that came with the car? All of them must be re-programmed if any one of them has been replaced or a new one added.

If no, then the dealer needs to reprogram and sync all of them. If yes, I would go through a process of elimination with your kKey FOBs before going to the dealer.

Is your guest profile set the way you want it - Presumably not tied to a Key FOB?

Have you focused on one Key FOB exclusively - keeping the others far, far away from your car?

Getting one established and set exactly the way you want it, is half the battle; then you can save and lock it down before working on the other.

Remember, that locking the car first and then unlocking with the desired Key FOB/profile is the critical.

One should try to eliminate user issues before a trip to the dealer. I think that assigning the Key FOB and profile are worth YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
At this point I would just go to the dealer, perhaps even work with your salesperson with an appointment. I also have a 2017 and my keys work perfectly, even the new sport key that I just received under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Record a video of the issue and bring it to dealer. It should help showing the problem. Definitely try to get it fixed.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts