SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that I remember being able to close the sunroof and shade when using the key fob global close function (i.e. holding the lock button for three seconds to close the windows). Recently, I have not been able to do this. The windows will close with no issues, but the sunroof and shade stay put. The global close by holding the lock button on the exterior door handles will close all windows including the sunroof and shade.

Can anybody confirm or deny whether or not the key fob method is a thing? Is there an option in Sensus that I may have disabled?

Thanks in advance either way!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
I have never heard of the keyfob being able to open/close the Sunroof/shade. Although, I do remember rolling up and down the windows using the keyfob to let the Vehicle air-out when parked outside on a hot sunny day for hours. Also, I normally keep my sunshade open (but the roof itself closed) and the shade automatically closes if there is a (I'm guessing 15-20 Deg F) increase in temperature while parked.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have never heard of the keyfob being able to open/close the Sunroof/shade. Although, I do remember rolling up and down the windows using the keyfob to let the Vehicle air-out when parked outside on a hot sunny day for hours. Also, I normally keep my sunshade open (but the roof itself closed) and the shade automatically closes if there is a (I'm guessing 15-20 Deg F) increase in temperature while parked.

It depends on the market. I can close Sunroof / shade with remote control key

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It depends on the market. I can close Sunroof / shade with remote control key
Checking my US manual (XC90_OwnersManual_MY18_en-US_TP24829.pdf), the similar section (page 179) has similar subheadings "Automatic operation - rapid opening or closing" and "Auto closing the panoramic roof sun curtain" (note different terms but similar to "Automatic closing of the sun blind") is missing that note about using the key fob.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Checking my US manual (XC90_OwnersManual_MY18_en-US_TP24829.pdf), the similar section (page 179) has similar subheadings "Automatic operation - rapid opening or closing" and "Auto closing the panoramic roof sun curtain" (note different terms but similar to "Automatic closing of the sun blind") is missing that note about using the key fob.
For some reason, it is disabled on the US market. (Perhaps legislation)

The same problem with the Audi models (in US) , but the difference is that there are more programs for Audi, VW (VCDS, Carista, OBDeleven, ODIS S, Launch X431Pro ......) that you can enable, not only that but a lot options (Video In Motion, Headlight washer times between activation, Removing Seatbelt Chime, Adjust LED Brightness, Emergency Brake Flashing Lights and....................)

Volvo is simply limited and there are no threads one similar program

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information, everyone.

My previous car was a Lincoln, and you were able to do both. Maybe I thought it worked on my XC60 but was actually confusing it with my old car. Based on the implications of regional differences, it is strange that Volvo wouldn't allow this in NA while Lincoln would in this market. C'est la vie, I guess. At least the door handle method works.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Thanks for the information, everyone.

My previous car was a Lincoln, and you were able to do both. Maybe I thought it worked on my XC60 but was actually confusing it with my old car. Based on the implications of regional differences, it is strange that Volvo wouldn't allow this in NA while Lincoln would in this market. C'est la vie, I guess. At least the door handle method works.
Every manufacturer interprets safety requirements differently. Perhaps since the key fob allows for operation when the vehicle is not in your line of sight, the hazard here is that someone standing when the moonroof is open can get choked when the glass panel is closed? And since the sun shade only can be fully closed when the glass panel is closed, the shade function becomes secondary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts