SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
Nice! Quite a nice car to begin modifying, many people spend months/years just getting to what you're starting with. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
nice !!! good lows :p

i even think it sits lower with those focus springs then with volvo springs ??
if i compare it with my coilover kit wounded all the way down.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sweet jezus that looks hot :eek:

you should search some 18x9 rims or so :eek:

What rim size is that ? cos I'm thinking of running some 205/40/18 on 18x8.5.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i've read one of these days on swedespeed that there is a user who made something interesting. changed the adapters from 5x108 to 5x114 [mazda i guess]. he said that the bearings fit. might wanna ask him.

@rotas, yeah, these would go great to an s40. you can always look for hre, bbs or why not vossen. custom 5x108 with the offset you need and width also

·
Registered
344 Posts
it depends on what you want. you can have ET 40 and you'll rub in the interior, if you are on 9 or 9.5. you could go et 35 and the rims would be more in the outside, you'll have to roll the fenders in the back. if this helps you, i'm on ET55 with 8j[no rubbing what so ever] and want to add a 40mm spacer on the back and 15 or 20[ not sure yet] on the front.

·
Registered
325 Posts
BADASS !!!!

Cant wait for my R-design Facelift-mod :D The pre-facelift bumper tends to go upwards at the front, thus creating the look that the car isn't that low...
I like the look with the R-design lip :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi all, this is my progression thread for my S40 2.0D R-Design Sport. I haven't done much yet but may as well start the thread anyway. Enjoy.

Swapped the standard Side (city) lights with LED bulbs:

Before

After

I'm going to copy you and do the same thing to mine :D

So the side lights take 501 bulbs?

What are your plans for the HID retrofit? I'm going to be using E46 projectors since they are a direct plug and play bolt on for our cars with no cutting/modding required.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.