SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: Keeping plastic body panels clean (Lotus99)

Quote, originally posted by Lotus99 »
So I guess our last trip to the mountains with some dirt and salt on the road seemed to leave some grey colour on the panels... this picture is AFTER washing the car!

I can't remember what product I use, but it has lasted 6 weeks, still looks fresh and has held up to weekly washings. I'll post what it is this weekend.

Do not use Back to Black or whatever its called. The panels looked like crap within days.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: Keeping plastic body panels clean (rovermark)

Lotus, wash the trim first then apply this

Meguiar's exterior trim detailer coating. The stuff has been on six weeks and still looks great.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: (Lotus99)

Lotus, here is a close up of the body cladding I took at lunch today. The Meguiar's coating was applied six weeks ago. The car receives weekly washings. There has been some "rain" here but not much. The car hasn't seen any heavy weather or gravel roads since the application, still I am impressed with how long it has lasted.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: (rovermark)

Quote, originally posted by rovermark »
Nice ruby red colour... not available here in Canada

Thanks Rover. I don't think it is available in the US as a stock color either. It was a custom build through overseas delivery.

There are a couple of more pics HERE if you're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.