SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a disservice to real dealers (those with real car lots, who really buy cars and take in trades and have service departments and desks and the like) to have car jockies not just attempting to sell cars they do not own but also cars they do not intend to ever own. This style of preselling would seem to violate the rules of this site.<p>More importantly it is a disservice to those enthusiasts who are selling their personal cars when these car jockies scrape up the remains from dealerships, buy returned uncared for lease cars and other unwanted cars that have gone unsold at auctions only to offer them here with a bit of lip stick, a spray of deodorizer and some shiny stuff on the tires for prices reflective of the source and care they may have had in their past lives. Everyone but the violator of the site's policy loses in that case.<p>The perceived value of any particular model and year is lessened when the seller has access to to wholesale buying without the overhead of a real dealer and prices accordingly. While this can result in a really great price for a buyer on occasion. It is akin to unprotected sex. You take your chances.<p>I may have misunderstood the guidelines related to what can be offered for sale and what is banned. But even if I did, I propose it would be better to have this type of listing in a segregated area. I do not propose the banning of them unless the current rules already do. <p>A more genteel, welcoming environment for novice car sellers is sure to result. A place where enthusiasts can make mistakes, maybe misspell a word or two (or alot of them) and ask questions on the way to gaining a greater knowledge about these cars most of us care so much about.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Keeping it Even (96PlatEdition)

10-4.<p>Defining the fix is easy - executing the fix not.<p>It would be easier to rid tax cheaters from high-level government positions than to ban Swedespeeders who taint the picture for all.<p>George Dill<p><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?cmd=print&id=106722" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...06722</A><p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts