SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Also, replaced the washer nozzles on the hood. It was just a cosmetic issue. Added them to an order a while back when I qualified for free shipping from FCP.
Wes I hope you didnt throw away the old ones, I just cracked one of mine...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks Kevin, I will take you up on that this week at least to get a diagnostic. :)
I don't think I heard from you, did you get it figured out?

I figure we all pay it forward one way or another, since I was the first one to need Vida enough to buy it, I might as well share.

Cigars work too ;).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How did you manage that!?? I think I've still got them. I'll look this weekend.
Taped them off when polishing and pulled up too hard.

I may just buy a new one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Ish. I have vida and can read your car if you need. Anytime after ~5p, just give me a call. PM if you need my number!
I got a much needed oil leak fixed over the weekend. The vertical PCV hose was brittle and snapped a while ago. Finally found the time to replace it. The PCV systems are known weak spots on the P2's. I tested and inspected the system, and it was functioning as intended, so I just replaced the bad hose. It is a pretty involved job to replace the whole system.
Haha. Not much left! It's easy to get to once removing the air box and the stuff on top of the engine. Here is the new hose connected to the trap (underneath intake manifold).

I don't think I heard from you, did you get it figured out?

I figure we all pay it forward one way or another, since I was the first one to need Vida enough to buy it, I might as well share.

Cigars work too ;).
Humm, I might be able to swing some nice dominican cigars. ;) How does tomorrow look?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I got a much needed oil leak fixed over the weekend. The vertical PCV hose was brittle and snapped a while ago. Finally found the time to replace it. The PCV systems are known weak spots on the P2's. I tested and inspected the system, and it was functioning as intended, so I just replaced the bad hose. It is a pretty involved job to replace the whole system.
Haha. Not much left! It's easy to get to once removing the air box and the stuff on top of the engine. Here is the new hose connected to the trap (underneath intake manifold).

Humm, I might be able to swing some nice dominican cigars. ;) How does tomorrow look?
Thanks
Tried to text, I know I am like a month late but I've been BUSY! C had to go to the ER and lots of doc appt's for a broken pinky (sounds not serious, apparently very serious!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone else take advantage of the decent weather this weekend? I was able to get the Vfiddy detailed.

Hey Ish. I have vida and can read your car if you need. Anytime after ~5p, just give me a call. PM if you need my number!

Here is what was left of the old hose:

The hardest part was getting that crimp style hose clamp loose on the old hose. I hate those things.

Also, replaced the washer nozzles on the hood. It was just a cosmetic issue. Added them to an order a while back when I qualified for free shipping from FCP.

Tried to text, I know I am like a month late but I've been BUSY! C had to go to the ER and lots of doc appt's for a broken pinky (sounds not serious, apparently very serious!)
Sorry, I didn't get the text. :( let me know when you are free again. I am so sorry to hear about her pinky. Most people don't realize how inportant it is. that it is responsible for so much of our balance. Hope she gets better soon.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Anyone interested in going to Cars & Coffee on May 28th? Maybe get some breakfast before, or brunch afterwards.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1041383002586774/
We are going to be at the lake.

Anyone else get the invite for the midsommar 2016? It's in OP this year: http://www.vcoa.org/component/content/article/51-club-static/static-articles/814-midsommar-2016

Was thinking we may go. Unsure, we are not 100% at this point.

Also detailed the cars and replaced my steering angle sensor this weekend. Would have hosted but it was a VERY last minute deal haha.
\

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice detail work on the cars.

waphill, Not sure if I can we might have a birthday party that afternoon and I am not sure what I have to do for a prep. If I can I will let you know by this weekend.
been meaning to take my daughter to the event so she can check out the cars.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
what is midsommer? I don't think I got a invite to it.
It the VCOA summer get-together with other regions. I went to one VCOA meeting and got on the list.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Count me out on both events as of last night. After offering on a ton of houses, got a contract on one last night. Supposed to close June 24th. Now reality sets in of trying to get rid of useless junk, pack, and get ready to move. All while both of us work full time with twin toddlers!! Haha. Good thing I'm used to little to no sleep.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Count me out on both events as of last night. After offering on a ton of houses, got a contract on one last night. Supposed to close June 24th. Now reality sets in of trying to get rid of useless junk, pack, and get ready to move. All while both of us work full time with twin toddlers!! Haha. Good thing I'm used to little to no sleep.
Congrats man! Big life change for sure! Let us know if you need any help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Congrats man! Big life change for sure! Let us know if you need any help!
Sure. We'll drop the kids off tomorrow, and pick them up in late June. Haha!!

We had our first bloody nose today. A picked up a toy and smacked E in the face with it. Never a dull moment with twins.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We are going to be at the lake.

Anyone else get the invite for the midsommar 2016? It's in OP this year: http://www.vcoa.org/component/content/article/51-club-static/static-articles/814-midsommar-2016

Was thinking we may go. Unsure, we are not 100% at this point.

Also detailed the cars and replaced my steering angle sensor this weekend. Would have hosted but it was a VERY last minute deal haha.
\
https://youtu.be/-I3qAeuhiBM?t=3m37s Kevin figured you might like this. ;)

281 - 300 of 308 Posts