SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

261 - 280 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
**Update**

Finally had some time to poke around, and found the leak. It was this hose, rubbing against the A/C pulley.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
d'oh.... at lest that is a easy fix.
Lol, I wish!

That hose runs from the oil cooler behind the grill, through the bumper, down under the engine, and wraps around to the steering rack. I've been told I have to lower the front subframe to replace it!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lol, I wish!

That hose runs from the oil cooler behind the grill, through the bumper, down under the engine, and wraps around to the steering rack. I've been told I have to lower the front subframe to replace it!!
Really you couldn't unhook it on one end and then fish a line through the car and pull in the new flex pipe or attach a new pipe on one end and use a dual headed male extender (like the one they sell for water heaters) and pull the new pipe into place? At least that is what I would try to do.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Really you couldn't unhook it on one end and then fish a line through the car and pull in the new flex pipe or attach a new pipe on one end and use a dual headed male extender (like the one they sell for water heaters) and pull the new pipe into place? At least that is what I would try to do.
If only it was a flexible line the entire length. It is only flex for the part that runs through the front bumper. Once it gets down by the pulley, it is pressed into a hard line that runs under the engine and across. I would imagine that is why it is difficult. Planning on giving it a go myself, just haven't had the time to mess with it. So many other priorities right now!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey all, just found this thread - nice to see some people located in my part of the world. I'm over in Topeka.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Hi Turbine! We used to have some group car days. If we get those going again, you should make the trek over!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi Turbine! We used to have some group car days. If we get those going again, you should make the trek over!
Definitely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hey guys! Car days are coming back! I promise! It's been too long :).

Wes, I FINALLY got my wife's car back together 100%, see the handiwork for yourself on the lower rear parking sensors:

https://goo.gl/photos/GTmGCzZajvUKhy1i9

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Wow! I'm impressed. How did you do it?

I can start hosting some car days later in the year. Put in some bids on a few houses. Hopefully we'll be out of this place by end of Spring!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow! I'm impressed. How did you do it?

I can start hosting some car days later in the year. Put in some bids on a few houses. Hopefully we'll be out of this place by end of Spring!
Drilled a bit smaller hole with a hole saw, and finished with a dremel and sanding disk. Took about 3 hours to get it perfect! Almost $400 lower valence so I had ONE chance.

Got other parts returned that I didnt need, and used the new roof rack this weekend!

SPORT UTILITY vehicle fully defined!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone know a good cheep machinc? I have a check engine light and being unemployed I don't want to pay a lot. Plus I think I have a oil leak.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Anyone else take advantage of the decent weather this weekend? I was able to get the Vfiddy detailed.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Anyone know a good cheep machinc? I have a check engine light and being unemployed I don't want to pay a lot. Plus I think I have a oil leak.
Hey Ish. I have vida and can read your car if you need. Anytime after ~5p, just give me a call. PM if you need my number!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I got a much needed oil leak fixed over the weekend. The vertical PCV hose was brittle and snapped a while ago. Finally found the time to replace it. The PCV systems are known weak spots on the P2's. I tested and inspected the system, and it was functioning as intended, so I just replaced the bad hose. It is a pretty involved job to replace the whole system.

Here is what was left of the old hose:

Haha. Not much left! It's easy to get to once removing the air box and the stuff on top of the engine. Here is the new hose connected to the trap (underneath intake manifold).

The hardest part was getting that crimp style hose clamp loose on the old hose. I hate those things.

Also, replaced the washer nozzles on the hood. It was just a cosmetic issue. Added them to an order a while back when I qualified for free shipping from FCP.

261 - 280 of 308 Posts