SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tint World Lenexa and Cycle Gear Lenexa are teaming up for Friday Bike and Car Nights! Starts April 11th at 5:00pm.

Come hang out and look at cars and bikes. Both stores will have killer sales and giveaways going on. New York Dog Pound will be on hand serving up free hot dogs. My agency is also sponsoring, and I will have a drawing for several door prizes.

9104 Marshall Dr, Lenexa

http://www.tintworld.com/lenexa-ks-039/
http://www.cyclegear.com
http://www.newyorkdawgpound.com
www.facebook.com/wphillipsagency

Weather looks great! Come and hang out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Aww man, it's only about a 3 hour drive down.. too bad I'm still pending purchase on my R next week. Are there many KS owners who meet up frequently? :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do see several R's around the area, but I don't know of any kind of group or gatherings.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Figured I would post. New caR owner as of last weekend. 2007 Passion Red. If you see me give me a wave! My vanity plate (in process) is CHRMNDR like the pokemon so you know its me!

Live near 435/antioch area in OP so...

There is another R with aftermarket wheels in my neighborhood, i think its silver but will check on my way home.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey everyone, I am still interested in getting together this Friday, August 8th, at Fast Fridays. Is anyone else interested. I personally have never been to this particular even before, it sounded like 10PassionRed may have been. I will probably send a PM out later this week.
The KC guys on here that I am aware of are:
waphill
10PassionRed
Ford420diesel
HuskerZ - I think that is the username I read in 10PassionRed's build thread.
and then myself and my old man.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I will try my damndest to get out to FF's, but I would give it a 10% chance because of family and weekend plans being so heavy.

Thanks for posting up the person list!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
TurbineWagon is in Salina, just saw that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think I just saw 10Passion on the side street of 69 between 87th and 75th.
I just called Steve and talked to him, but wanted to post on here that I don't think we will be meeting tonight at FF. Maybe we could do an R meet next Friday? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I went to ff, didn't seer anyone else there, so we left. Kids... I have only been on 95th street and Antioch today, so wasn't me! There is another gt around, ran into him on Shawnee mission parkway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was about to say, my plans for the evening actually got delayed if someone wanted to go to FF with me. Too bad you already went

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I was about to say, my plans for the evening actually got delayed if someone wanted to go to FF with me. Too bad you already went
Yeah sorry, it was underwhelming to be honest. Next time we will go to 91st and Metcalf at long branch. Much more quality cars.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sounds good to me, man

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
We need to meet up, and do Volvo stuff. Not sure what yet, but Volvo stuff. ...Like BBQ. :p

-Steve

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
charlesbx99 should be added as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ok, so, just throwing this out there...

I had wanted to go shooting over the weekend (I'd even spoken with elcs70 on the phone about going, and he was interested as well), but that didn't quite pan out this past weekend. Reason being: My household goods were FINALLY delivered by the Army (after THREE MONTHS of trying to schedule a shipment!). I spent the entire weekend unboxing, organizing, and doing loads of dishes and laundry, oye.

I have WAY, WAY too many glasses and other kitchen stuff. If anyone wants anything (perhaps newly moving out, or I have something you'd like), you're more than welcome to it. Speak up (call me at three-zero-one-eight-three-zero-one-zero-one-nine) and let me know and you can have it, before I drop the lot off at Goodwill.

I have:

11x red wine glasses
4x white wine glasses
4x beer glasses with handles (heavy glass)
6x beer pint glasses
3x Pils glasses from Germany (0,5L)
And assorted pots, pans, mixing bowls. Quality stuff; Pyrex, Revere ware, etc etc.

Anyway, I'll be taking this stuff to Goodwill in the beginning of September.

-Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so, just throwing this out there...

I had wanted to go shooting over the weekend (I'd even spoken with elcs70 on the phone about going, and he was interested as well), but that didn't quite pan out this past weekend. Reason being: My household goods were FINALLY delivered by the Army (after THREE MONTHS of trying to schedule a shipment!). I spent the entire weekend unboxing, organizing, and doing loads of dishes and laundry, oye.
-Steve
Glad to hear you got your stuff in, finally! If you have any free baby stuff, I'd be interested, haha!

If you haven't yet had a chance to sample some KC BBQ, perhaps you should head south and we could all meet at OK Joe's one of these nights.

I am planning a shooting with some friends, probably late September/early October. You guys are more than welcome to come. We go to a friends place out in BFE Eudora, KS. Shoot rifles, pistols, clays, and grill lunch. I usually do the event through Facebook. If you're interested, PM me your FB info, and I'll invite you when we get a date set up. It will be a Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Let me talk to my wife, but I might take some of Ford's stuff and pass along some clothes to waphill! All for a good cause right?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
waphill, that sounds awesome!! Unfortunately on the baby clothes, I don't have any baby stuff. :( But, I have all sorts of stuff that one would expect a 31 y.o. bachelor to have... :p Right now I've only gone through the kitchen stuff and have two big boxes of 'donate' coming out of that.

As far as shooting; I'm definitely down for that!! I would PM you my FB info, but I'm lazy and don't want to PM others later. So, I'll just post it here, and then anyone can find me. :D I am under this screenname on FB, so www.facebook.com/FORD420diesel is me.

Next Saturday, 30 September, I am taking my fiance, her sister, and her sister's boyfriend out shooting. I have my Ruger SR-556 (120 rounds) and my Beretta 92FS (250 rounds). I'll need to pick up more 5.56, and would love it if others can come shooting as well! Where's a good place to go shooting around here? I found Parma Woods (sp?) and they seemed really reasonable as far as prices and free targets go. My number is (301) 830-1019; call and we'll coordinate meeting up!! My fiance and the other two are all German, so this will be fun for them... :D

-Steve

1 - 20 of 308 Posts