SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new to Swedespeed and new to Volvo. I recently purchased a 2005 Volvo S40 t5 awd with the M66 gearbox. Naturally, I've been lurking all the forums to see what makes these things go fast...lol. I've tuned cars for about 20+ years, just not Volvos.

I've done a ton of research on the k16 swap. It is something I'd like to do in the future. My question about the swap (and I haven't found any info on this) is what wastegate setting is everyone using? I'd assume two different answers for a car that has forged rods and one that is running stock rods with the K16 swap.
Also how about CBV spring pressure? I believe that the stock wastegate can be bumped to about 5 psi max without issues on a stock block. I know the CBV springs are interchangeable with the Forge CBV (green for stock and yellow for chipped). Just doing all my research before a wrench ever touches the car. Thanks for any help!

Dave

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love them George! Starting off with all the small stuff first lol. Eventually I'd like to do a decent build. I'm sure that I'll be in touch lol. I'll check out those links.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts