SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola folks
So I am super tempted to buy the k sports now. but i had a couple question that i was hoping can be answered.
1. I don't know too much about spring rates and how they translate into comfort, but this is what i found.
Front
Spring Rate (kg/mm and lbs/in)= 7.5/420
Upper Mount Type = Pillowball Upper Mount
Rear
Spring Rate (kg/mm and lbs/in) = 6/336
Upper Mount Type = Aluminum Top Mount

2. If anyone with these (The Dane
) can give us a review, my main concern is comfort and quality
Thanks
K.P

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: k-sport 2 (kpsingh0)

420 lbs/in is pretty high (could be a rough ride)... but matched up with the right struts it should be bearable!

These are the coilovers that Im probably gonna go with! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif for the price!!!!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Re: k-sport 2 (s40boy)

Sweet, now to find money. Those spring rates are very good, for a heavy FWD car, you can expect them to handle very well, but 420 is pretty high. However, this is a heavy FWD car, so higher front spring rates tend to yield good results when matched with proper shocks/struts.

In short, WANT!

Anyone want to donate money to my coilover fund?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Re: k-sport 2 (sanatarium)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318

Lol the Megan coils for the mazda3 have a whopping 750lb/in front spring rate, those are for track use only, no way in hell those would be good for the streets.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Re: k-sport 2 (sanatarium)

Comfort will not be the same as a Heico or KW coilover, but i assure you the quality and performance is top notch. My friend has them on his subie, they are kick butt!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Re: (kpsingh0)

Quote, originally posted by kpsingh0 »
i tryed to get the spring rates from heico but they wont tell.

Just ask one of their competitors, who has probably bought Heico's spring, measured it's spring rate, and used that "research" to design one of their own...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

I am guessing because Heico's springs really are exactly the same as Eibach's.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Re: (genjy)

Quote, originally posted by genjy »

I am guessing because Heico's springs really are exactly the same as Eibach's.

Theyre not. Search for some of '[email protected]' 's posts(Todd Henderson) The differences have been thoroughly discussed.

·
Registered
953 Posts

You gotta wonder why this is.
First they make it hard to find a price. Then they won't tell you crucial info about a major purchase. It's like they're in business to go out of business.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I remember from their posts a while ago... Heico has their springs made to their design by another spring manufacturer, possibly Eibach, to Heico's own specifications. He implied the manufacturer made springs for the S40 that were different from Heico's specs that sell for less money, because that company didn't do as much research/tuning/prototyping as Heico.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (mofolicious)

agreed they have a weird market strategy. they just tell you the product is better and you should pay the extra $$$ for it with out numbers. I read some old post and they talk alot about how there product is better more comfort compared to the original product(e.g hecio coilover to kw's) and has equal performance. were are the number. convince me.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: k-sport 2 (veilsidez)

Quote, originally posted by veilsidez »
Why don't you just go for the Beilstein PSS9 suspension?
i didn't know those were available for the s40 i check it out,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.