SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
55,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT, MICH. (June 3, 2012) – Alex Figge, starting in fifth position for the second round of the Detroit Grand Prix, picked up two positions during the race to finish his K-PAX Volvo S60 in third. Sundays starting position was determined by race 1 lap times.

The crew worked hard between races to change the setup on Figge’s Volvo. Alex, happy with the changes said, “What an improvement. The car was loose on entry yesterday. They made some bar and spring changes and I could attack the corners today. My hats off to the crew.”

Randy Pobst started from the back of the field in fifteenth position and picked up 6 spots during the race to finish ninth. Randy’s car was heavily damaged during the standing start of race one forcing him to start from the back in race 2. The crew worked non-stop through the night to prepare the third chassis.

Randy had nothing but praise for the crew, “ This crew is the best. Overnight they transferred the motor, driveline, and much more to get me on the starting grid today in the third chassis. Not one of them got any sleep. They are just great!”

After Sunday’s results Alex moved up to fifth place in the drivers’ championship with 575 points. Pobst is now in fourth place with 626 points.

Volvo remains in third place in the manufacturers’ championship race with 34 points. Cadillac has 56 points and Porsche has 47 points.

The Volvos travel next to the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport International Raceway) for another double race weekend June 22 – 24.

For more information on K-PAX Racing visit: www.kpaxracing.com

For live streaming of the race go to: http://www.world-challengetv.com

For more information on World-Challenge visit: www.world-challenge.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts