SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I'm looking for just the K&N intake tube as I hear users say it gives more growl, something I'm longing for on the C30. However, K&N's site does not show my 2013 as being a suitable fit? Anyone know why? Anyone selling their pipe?

Thanks and happy holidays!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Hi all-

I'm looking for just the K&N intake tube as I hear users say it gives more growl, something I'm longing for on the C30. However, K&N's site does not show my 2013 as being a suitable fit? Anyone know why? Anyone selling their pipe?

I have the K&N pipe with the Samco turbo inlet hose and the factory airbox, the Samco hose with the pipe made the most difference in my opinion. The factory turbo inlet hose has that funky resonator sleeve that quiets the turbo quite a bit. I would get both.
That being said the T5 is identical externally for all model years on the P1 platform to my knowledge so it should be just fine!
When I bought my tube and hose the Snabb kit didn't exist, but if I were buying today I would take a look at the snabb offering, I have the Snabb intake tube for my 850 T5 and the quality is top notch, the P1 intake tube also appears to come with silicone hoses from Snabb which is a plus!

Happy holidays to you too Logan, hope all is well with your new C30!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Here's a trick, call K&N customer support, tell them your already have the kit but your need to request a replacement pipe section ( just the tube no mounts or filters) They quoted me about 100$ plus shipping to get one out to me.

Unless you have a 2.4i or a diesel they intake tube will work and its definitely one of the easiest mods to get some extra growl.
Merry xmas

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Try out SNAAB's turbo pipe. It's basically the same.

·
Super Moderator
15,186 Posts
Hi all-

They're just stupid, it'll fit. Maybe they took advice from my local dealer who does not think there were C30s in 2013.

But +1 for Snaab's pipe, it looks pretty and I've heard great reviews.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll look into the Snaab pipe! Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stupid question - will the increase in air flow affect my Polestar tune at all? I know Volvo has "optimized" it to work with stock components...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Nope. Just make sure you disconnect the negative on the battery so you don't throw a cel like I did when I installed my injen over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,186 Posts
Anything that increases air flow will show improvements on a car no matter what the tune. You just won't see the maximum gains that you would have seen, if you had each specific part written into a custom tune file.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just picked up the Mototec intake from Eurosporttuning.com My car can with the K&N Typhoon, but without a connection to the fresh air, I feel it's not doing much.

I haven't installed it yet, hopefully will be getting around to it soon. Busy season at work, and I don't do car work when my son is over because I have him so little time as it is

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Make him install it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone have any before/after sound comparisons with the intake pipe? Looking at the SNABB at this point.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That Snabb looks like a nice option- their silicone is really high quality. I was about to order one but the cheapest shipping is $38 via FedEx, USPS Priority is $53. Maybe they're packing it in a massive box but that's about double the shipping cost I was expecting.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If you're within 5 hours of Ithaca, it's probably cheaper to drive there get dynoed, come back than pay for shipping lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Haha it'd be a long drive from Colorado

Heard back from Snabb...apparently the shipping box is 30" x 16" x 12". Didn't think the intake was that wide or long but I could be mistaken. They said they'd look for cheaper shipping options though. I'll prob end up ordering one even if they can't reduce the shipping cost.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha it'd be a long drive from Colorado

Heard back from Snabb...apparently the shipping box is 30" x 16" x 12". Didn't think the intake was that wide or long but I could be mistaken. They said they'd look for cheaper shipping options though. I'll prob end up ordering one even if they can't reduce the shipping cost.
I got mine yesterday and the box was a bit on the large side but it didn't weigh much. I will say this: the quality of packaging and presentation was very impressive. I installed the pipe no problem, it looks great! I can't wait to see how it sounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts