SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had my S60R tuned by John of JZWtuning.com and let me tell you my car is running rock solid and damn...! I don't need to say much other than it is fast and running perfect. I had the opportunity to autocross the car yesterday and to all those that say the R isn't a good car for that, well I will let results speak for themselves. Placed 5th out of 53 drivers in the RAW results and had I been competing in my class with correct multiplier would have placed 9th overall in he PAX.http://srrscca.com/Event Results/march 29 2014_raw.htm

·
Registered
364 Posts
So you like the JZW tune over the ipd stage ll tune?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yup JZW FTW...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Lol.. ok, so you have his stage ll?
Did you have it dyno tuned or send the ecu in the mail?

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Recently had my S60R tuned by John of JZWtuning.com and let me tell you my car is running rock solid and damn...! I don't need to say much other than it is fast and running perfect. I had the opportunity to autocross the car yesterday and to all those that say the R isn't a good car for that, well I will let results speak for themselves. Placed 5th out of 53 drivers in the RAW results and had I been competing in my class with correct multiplier would have placed 9th overall in he PAX.http://srrscca.com/Event Results/march 29 2014_raw.htm

instead of just posting and explaining how hard it pulls , you've actually got something here to show... that's very nice and impressive...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colby it was road tuned but if you mail him your ecu he can hook you up and yes the JZW tune is much stronger than the iPd stage II tune. The iPd stage II was / is a great tune but my modifications have far surpassed what the iPd tune accounts for and so JZW was the answer. And to dougy, I really appreciate that :)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Colby it was road tuned but if you mail him your ecu he can hook you up and yes the JZW tune is much stronger than the iPd stage II tune. The iPd stage II was / is a great tune but my modifications have far surpassed what the iPd tune accounts for and so JZW was the answer. And to dougy, I really appreciate that :)
What happened with/to your ARD tune?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol soup, that is for an entirely other post that will come in the next few days. Let's just say the need for JZWtuning came after a catastrophic failure of ARD tuning.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
instead of just posting and explaining how hard it pulls , you've actually got something here to show... that's very nice and impressive...
+1

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
that's amazing! a tune that can improve your driving skills!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lol soup, that is for an entirely other post that will come in the next few days. Let's just say the need for JZWtuning came after a catastrophic failure of ARD tuning.
Lol +1

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
that's amazing! a tune that can improve your driving skills!
When you start course racing you'll understand how important the tune is. As my tune has improved so have my lap times.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I think that shows you are a good driver instead of the tune being good... also I am surprised at a s60r doing so well, as autox here is usually dominated by miata, s2000 and evo. Are you going to do a dyno run soon? Also it seems they do not list me7 tuning as part of their catalog, would you mind sharing the price range? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
When you start course racing you'll understand how important the tune is. As my tune has improved so have my lap times.
unless your R is down a cylinder and your suspension is completely broken, a tune is not going to matter a diddly damn on a typical SCCA auto-x course.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agree to disagree. The tune helped a lot. And hey I consider myself a pretty good driver too. It isn't like I don't have other stuff like suspension, sways, tires, short throw, etc, etc but the tune hits very strong.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
unless your R is down a cylinder and your suspension is completely broken, a tune is not going to matter a diddly damn on a typical SCCA auto-x course.
You could be right. I don't auto-x. But I do run time trials. I was pretty comfortable with the power curve of the tune. It was good for 2nd.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^ very nice^^

·
Registered
272 Posts
My R has been down 2 cylinders since I bought the car... Got a retune by John (JZWTuning) and it pulls harder than the POS ARD tune I had... So in my opinion it would make a difference. I cant wait for the new engine coming in!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah the JZW tune is great! I started a thread myself. Still waiting on Milan dragway to open here in MI to go do a few runs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts