SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the bluetooth module on September 10th. USPS tracking shows it should arrive here today (10/5).

Here is what I bought: Bluetooth module VOLVO V50, S40, C30, C70, XC90 by JustTech on Tindie

Justas also sells an aux-in version of the mod; it's a little cheaper.

I have the basic basic sound system, 1-CD, no external amp. I recently upgraded my front speakers. Looking forward to installing this and will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I am just waiting for the microphone and aux in to be in-stock and then I'm buying. His latest version supports both, but when I bought mine he had neither available, but the BT quality is absolutely out of this world.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I installed the Aux-in version in mine. It works very well. The sound quality is as good or better than the CD. I plug in a little bluetooth receiver to connect my iphone, which also sounds very good and provides mic and track up, down, play and pause. I modified the harness and added a switch to select between Aux and CD instead of having to unplug to switch back to CD.
Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part Car Automotive design
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Rim

Reactions: BKXC90

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use this in my 2009 S40. It just goes in the glove box and plugs into both the USB (for power) and the AUX. Sound quality seems pretty good 👍

The USB is switched power so there's no need to unplug it, it won't drain the battery.

TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8JGW7F1CWDCP4X475PBH

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just waiting for the microphone and aux in to be in-stock and then I'm buying. His latest version supports both, but when I bought mine he had neither available, but the BT quality is absolutely out of this world.
I wanted the version with steering wheel controls, but he said that he doesn't know when that will be available, thanks to the global chip shortage.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use this in my 2009 S40. It just goes in the glove box and plugs into both the USB (for power) and the AUX. Sound quality seems pretty good 👍

The USB is switched power so there's no need to unplug it, it won't drain the battery.

TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8JGW7F1CWDCP4X475PBH
I have a 2006, so no aux-in. If I had aux-in, I would probably be fine just plugging in when I want to listen.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I put the little board in, followed the instructions in the Youtube video. It was easy.

Wow, it sounds fantastic! The sound quality is much better than an FM modulator, much better treble. No noise that I could hear. Wish I had done this a year ago. Bluetooth seems to connect quickly with no issues. It's great!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't see the attachment, but I found a youtube video by wchpikus that was interesting.

Is your product for sale?

One thing with the JustTech bluetooth mod - it connects very quickly and the sound quality is superb. No extraneous noise that I could detect. It was a huge improvement over my FM modulator. With the new JBL components on the base-level stock radio, it's great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts