SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost home and I hear a clunking sound coming from the front wheel. Pull over and my chassis settings service required light is now on (no crap since there's now wires hanging down from the bottom of the car). Taking it into the dealer tomorrow. What do I have on my hands here? (obviously 4C related)

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Just to top off the day (VolvoLT)

The box and wire on the right is an accelerometer. That particular one is used to measure vertical speed changes. They must be mounted in a proper orientation or an error will be given. Dragging on the ground is not proper orientation.

Was any suspension work done recently?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote »
Dragging on the ground is not proper orientation.
Was any suspension work done recently?

I laughed. The closest thing I've had done to suspension work is an alignment about two months ago... nothing else and I doubt that caused it.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
That box is supposed to be on the strut, or behind the front bumper....

Oh boy...wonder wtf happend there.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »

Oh boy...wonder wtf happend there.

Same here. Did you smack into any wicked pot-holes or anything?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: (T5 for Life)

A pothole will do it, I have been told that ripped wires have happened before, especially if a tech doesn't know how to route the wire correctly, which happened to me. The other wire well I would feel the bottom of your strut and see if the wire is still connected under there. I had that issue less than 400 miles in to a new left strut! hit a bump and wire pulled right off.. happened right after leaving Volvo for calibration!!!
Anyway good luck! You should buy your parts if needed from darryl waltrip they are the cheapest I kNow when it come sto parts for our 4C suspension!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts