SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one was like mine...<BR>one had a ew grill from volvo. i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?<P>but *sigh* two other people in my area with black c70s hrmmm... other people with my taste? hehe.. i just like to have a rare car, and seeing two of the same color kinda puts my "like" away :p hehehe oh well. what can i say.. i'll probably never see them again anyways <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
Did he have any aftermarket exhaust system on that car? Chrome stock 17s? If that's the one, should be Ralph's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR>one was like mine...<BR>i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?<P>Yeah I have the "eggcarton" grille on my "01 C70 SE HPT Coupe. I think it looks cooler than the Vert grille. Its not as shiny. Your up in LA? What city or area? I am down here behind the Orange curtain. I rarely see C70's. I think since I have had mine I have only seen less than a half dozen on the road and most of them have been the vert.<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_one_n_only:<BR><B>Did he have any aftermarket exhaust system on that car? Chrome stock 17s? If that's the one, should be Ralph's.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>i couldnt tell.. i drove by a parking lot and saw it. it was parked at this outdoor mall in San Gabriel next to Coco's :p hehehe<BR>all i noticed was it was a c70 with the new grille<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beemer_eater:<BR><B>Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR>one was like mine...<BR>i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?<P>Yeah I have the "eggcarton" grille on my "01 C70 SE HPT Coupe. I think it looks cooler than the Vert grille. Its not as shiny. Your up in LA? What city or area? I am down here behind the Orange curtain. I rarely see C70's. I think since I have had mine I have only seen less than a half dozen on the road and most of them have been the vert.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i am near the Pasadena area. I have seen three c70s in the South Pas area, one black coupe, one silver coupe, and one blue vert. then i saw a silver coupe and white coupe IN burbank. Then saw the black coupe in San Gabriel. I'll be a Black one with tinted windows in Pasadena hehehe (pictures to come soon) still in process of cleaning her up.<P>the previous owner bastard did not take care of this car. the oil was ULTRA dirty and low... i should have checked before i even test drove it. i dunno if the person ever changed the oil OR the filter for almost 20k miles!!! it has a service record of change at 5k... but its at 26k now!! eep!!<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR><B> <BR>i couldnt tell.. i drove by a parking lot and saw it. it was parked at this outdoor mall in San Gabriel next to Coco's </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ahh...good old San Gabriel area. So..where's that Coco's? Near Las Tunas Drive or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR><B> i am near the Pasadena area. I have seen three c70s in the South Pas area, one black coupe, one silver coupe, and one blue vert. then i saw a silver coupe and white coupe IN burbank. Then saw the black coupe in San Gabriel. I'll be a Black one with tinted windows in Pasadena hehehe (pictures to come soon) still in process of cleaning her up.<P>the previous owner bastard did not take care of this car. the oil was ULTRA dirty and low... i should have checked before i even test drove it. i dunno if the person ever changed the oil OR the filter for almost 20k miles!!! it has a service record of change at 5k... but its at 26k now!! eep!!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.<P>I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? I will look for you in your car the next time I am up there. Mine is the met green machine with chromed Canistos on it and tinted windows too. Mine is also a coupe. <P>With the rain we just had I forgot how nice it is to drive these cars when the streets are sopped. Mine has the wet weather package on it with the "W" button near the shifter. I dont like to use it. It makes the car launch in 3rd gear. Just be easy on the throttle and dont load the turb in this kind of weather. I also have traction control too so I am protected all around.<P>What kind of oil you running in your car?? <BR>If I was in your shoes. I would have the oil changed immediately then a day later have it changed again to get the crap out of your motor. So your sure everything is nice and clean in there. Its cheap insurance. Try and use a nice synthetic too.<BR>Good luck!!!!!<P><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beemer_eater:<BR><B> <BR>I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was playing golf at Whittier Narrows this past Sunday. Did you see saw a blue coupe with an "ew" eggcrate grill driving by? <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"><BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beemer_eater:<BR><B> <BR>I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nevermind. I'm thinking San Gabriel Blvd. That closer to the Pomona area than Pasadena I think.<BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_one_n_only:<BR><B>Did he have any aftermarket exhaust system on that car? Chrome stock 17s? If that's the one, should be Ralph's.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ralph's? Do you mean Raffi that lives in Porter Ranch? He has a Supersprint exhaust. I haven't seen him around in a really long time. I usually bump into him at the post office every now and then. He was thinking of selling his car a while back. I wonder if he did. <BR>Anyways, there's another C70 in the parking lot where I work. It's the plum looking color and he colored matched the grilled. That is big time EEWW. What pisses me off is that I know the guy. He found out that I owned the blue C70 and e-mailed me all kinds of questions about the car and I find out that he bought one! Ah well, mine is cooler anyways.<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR><B>one was like mine...<BR>one had a ew grill from volvo. i hear it called the egg carton grill. looks pretty good to me. anyone else seen these?<P>but *sigh* two other people in my area with black c70s hrmmm... other people with my taste? hehe.. i just like to have a rare car, and seeing two of the same color kinda puts my "like" away :p hehehe oh well. what can i say.. i'll probably never see them again anyways <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif"></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Y'know, I was thinking... There seems to be enough people with C70 in the greater LA area. We should hold a meet sometime. Drive down Sunset or beverly blvd. That should catch some stares from people. <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"><BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_one_n_only:<BR><B> Ahh...good old San Gabriel area. So..where's that Coco's? Near Las Tunas Drive or something?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah its near.<P>its on...uhh valley blvd. somewhere<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_c70:<BR><B> <BR>Y'know, I was thinking... There seems to be enough people with C70 in the greater LA area. We should hold a meet sometime. Drive down Sunset or beverly blvd. That should catch some stares from people. <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>you mean MORE stares than usual? <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif"> hehehe<BR>ive only had the car a little while.. i dunno for for sure about the stares, but i have been gotten a lot of talk witht he neighbors :p<BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beemer_eater:<BR><B><P><BR>I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? I will look for you in your car the next time I am up there. Mine is the met green machine with chromed Canistos on it and tinted windows too. Mine is also a coupe. <P>With the rain we just had I forgot how nice it is to drive these cars when the streets are sopped. Mine has the wet weather package on it with the "W" button near the shifter. I dont like to use it. It makes the car launch in 3rd gear. Just be easy on the throttle and dont load the turb in this kind of weather. I also have traction control too so I am protected all around.<P>What kind of oil you running in your car?? <BR>If I was in your shoes. I would have the oil changed immediately then a day later have it changed again to get the crap out of your motor. So your sure everything is nice and clean in there. Its cheap insurance. Try and use a nice synthetic too.<BR>Good luck!!!!!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey cool, got a pic. maybe i know her hehe. check if she has a single 17/18 yr old sis or friend <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/wink.gif"> hehehe <P>i know where that is about. its not too far. nice area.<P>as for the oil, i already changed it to regular 10w-30 from Castrol. changed the filter too, to a new stock volvo one. my dad had a spare and gave it to me. his volvo uses the same filter. i wanted to use a cleaner... but am afraid that after all the milage, all the tubing might be stretched out and used to all the extra dirt there. and if i clean it out, i might get a LOAD of leaks and what not all over the place. perhaps a more recent oil change in in store for the car. definitely changing the air filter too. is it hard for the c70?? i see the turbo connected tot he airbox and sumthing else (forgot)<P><p>[This message has been edited by GShyneDM (edited 05-21-2002).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_c70:<BR><B> Ralph's? Do you mean Raffi that lives in Porter Ranch? <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah..Raffi, my bad. <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/tongue.gif">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (mike_c70)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beemer_eater:<br><B> <br>I am seeing a girl up that lives in Pasadena. She lives near San Gabriel St and Altadena. Do you know where that is?? <br></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>I was playing golf at Whittier Narrows this past Sunday. Did you see saw a blue coupe with an "ew" eggcrate grill driving by? <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif" BORDER="0"><br><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>hahaha im just looking thru some old posts i made.. and i didnt mean "ew" i forgot the N <IMG NAME="icon" SRC="http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif" BORDER="0"> hahaha i like the eggcarton... <IMG NAME="icon" SRC="http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif" BORDER="0"> <IMG NAME="icon" SRC="http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif" BORDER="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
Re: (GShyneDM)

Wow! Talk about digging up an old post. ; <IMG NAME="icon" SRC="http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif" BORDER="0">
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top