SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my jaw about hit the pavement, I walked over in disbelief. I don't know if there are enough polyester wearing retired librarians out there to sell many of these or not, but Nissan just did the Edsel snd Pontiac Aztek one better. I quietly got in my elegant XC90 and drove off before laughing out loud. I would not be caught dead in that piece of ostentatious pompous poseur crap. White interior, ecccchhh.

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,

Sorry fopr the Nissan bashing posting (by iPhone) but my wife and I were in one of the big box home improvement stores looking for something and when we came out this "thing" was parked next to us. So now that I'm not on an iPhone I'll take this opportunity to bash a little more, lol.

We got in our XC and started to take off, but I kept looking..........and looking............and had to get back out and go over and actually LOOK inside to convince myself what I was actually looking AT.

I guess the segue here is......."I never felt better driving a 10-year-old design from Volvo".

That vehicle gives the term "AWFUL" all new meaning, yes it was that bad.

Yes there are two pieces of glass in that rear convertible top section.........arrggggg I think I'm going to hurl.

P

·
Registered
441 Posts
THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ABORTION!

That thing is ugly. Makes me appreciate my XC90 and my V70R.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Hmm...interesting...my wife saw it on a freeway the other day and could not stop raving about it for a few days...beauty is really in the eyes of a beholder...

The concept is cool though...cudos to Nissan for being bold.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Imagine the poor souls who have to sit in the back....

·
Registered
405 Posts
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/murano-crosscabriolet/2012/2012-nissan-murano-crosscabriolet-gets-price-drop.html

FRANKLIN, Tennessee — The 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet gets a price drop of $1,850 for the new model year, said Nissan in a pricing announcement on Thursday.

The navigation system on the CrossCabriolet is no longer standard, but a $1,850 option.

The 2012 Murano CrossCabriolet starts at $45,350, including an $810 destination charge. The 2011 Murano CrossCabriolet started at $47,200, including shipping.

Earlier this month Nissan reported that Murano sales were down 6 percent year-to-date. Nissan sold 34,197 Muranos by the end of August versus 36,294 from the same period a year ago. Josh Clifton, a Nissan spokesman, told Inside Line on Friday that the automaker does not separate Murano CrossCabriolet sales, so he was unable to provide a specific sales number.

"We don't report those sales," he wrote in response to an e-mailed query

I BET THEY DON'T WANT TO......

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I felt "unclean" parking next to it, went home and immediately took a shower.

One thing about this country, it is a FREE COUNTRY and you can buy whatever is being sold. In addition, because we are a free country we cannot legislate against "stupid", "ugly", or "bold". I'm not real sure I would like to meet or work with the board of directors that dreamed up this thing, as their judgement is to be very highly questioned. What were they thinking (or smoking)?

Parked next to a XC90 this thing would likely invoke hysterics in some settings.

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/murano-crosscabriolet/2012/2012-nissan-murano-crosscabriolet-gets-price-drop.html

FRANKLIN, Tennessee — The 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet gets a price drop of $1,850 for the new model year, said Nissan in a pricing announcement on Thursday.

Earlier this month Nissan reported that Murano sales were down 6 percent year-to-date. Nissan sold 34,197 Muranos by the end of August versus 36,294 from the same period a year ago. Josh Clifton, a Nissan spokesman, told Inside Line on Friday that the automaker does not separate Murano CrossCabriolet sales, so he was unable to provide a specific sales number.

"We don't report those sales," he wrote in response to an e-mailed query

I BET THEY DON'T WANT TO......
Yeah, and I'll bet the design team, their project manager, their line-up of idi*t middle managers from the planet Xenon, and whoever else is in charge of this thing don't want to be identified, are running for cover, and are unwilling to discuss anything about it.

It gives the term "PIMPMOBILE" all new meaning..................agghhhhh.........the worst I've seen in a long long time, especially coming from a manufacturer. I've seen stuff like this coming out of custom shops from time to time, but THIS has come from a cough, cough, "reputable" manufacturer. Quite honestly if I were the president of this company or division I am not sure I would fire the team because I have a heart, but they would all be assigned to the facilities management department and would never again be given a chance to design or comment on anything related to automotive design, style, class, form, proportion, or appropriateness. This is a joke being sold to the American public, and you know people are LAUGHING OUT LOUD at us for buying this crap. Just try selling this in Sweden or Germany, ha.

P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One word............"Morono"

P

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good lord, whats the crossover industry coming to?

BLEH

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
100 Posts
First time I saw one of these was last fall. My neighbor bought one (for about 2 months. Is now driving a new VW Convt). The picture from Mr. P actually looks significantly better than the car does in person. My reaction upon seeing it was, "What were they thinking?" Never said a word to my neighbor because, just like one of the posts said, "Beauty is in the eye...." I'm just thankful we have choices like this to make. There are a lot of folks in the world that would love to have that ability.

My reaction was similar to the first time I saw a Aztek at the L.A. auto show. It was on a turntable and there was NO ONE anywhere near (no big surprise). I stepped up on the turntable to have a closer look and was approached by the poor guy that had to speak favorably about it who told me I couldn't be up there. I asked if this vehicle was some sort of prototype or design study. "No, it will be in dealerships soon." I looked at him is disbelief and said "You're kidding." The conversation went down hill from there.

My formative years were during Edsel production. The Edsel was much better looking than either of these two.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Nissan's definitely... how do I say this politely... pushing the design envelope with some of their recent models. There's the Juke, which actually drives decently for a relatively cheap car, but has a face only a mother could love, and now this CrossCabriolet. It is unique though, which gives it a leg up on the Aztek. There just aren't any other AWD convertibles out there with lots of room for 4 passengers and all of their luggage. I like the concept, but I wouldn't be caught dead parking one of those in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I felt "unclean" parking next to it, went home and immediately took a shower.

One thing about this country, it is a FREE COUNTRY and you can buy whatever is being sold. In addition, because we are a free country we cannot legislate against "stupid", "ugly", or "bold".

P
"I may not agree with what you drive, but I will defend to the death your right to drive it." Patrick Henry, I think.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There just aren't any other AWD convertibles out there with lots of room for 4 passengers and all of their luggage.
The EVOQUE looks so much better!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"I may not agree with what you drive, but I will defend to the death your right to drive it." Patrick Henry, I think.
Ha!

Hey if a person wants to use the same tailor that Liberace used, and wear the threads in public, it really makes little difference to me but it sure sends a message to others. I'm not sure just what kind of a message it sends, but they might get a slot on the TV series "What not to wear", lol. Same with driving a Morono Cabriolet, they should have a series out there "What not to drive". I guess i am either living in a vacuum or perhaps the people here in Central Tennessee have a bit more sense not to buy this stuff, but this is the first one I've seen and my reaction was not unlike stepping in something in the back yard, ahem. Thankfully the market will solve this problem, I cannot believe Nissan will be able to keep this in production very long............the driving impressions I've seen are equally poor, cowl shake, and guys can you imagine sending your wife out on a road trip in one of these things...........the crash protection has to be one of the worst possible..........when Volvo finds a need to use boron reinforced steel in the roof of a XC90 and Nissan basically produces something that Motor Trend and Car & Driver say has "cowl shake" and could have used more reinforcement of the frame......THIS is not something you put your family in...............and unless you are playing a piano in a Las Vegas nightclub, you don't want to be seen in one either, ha.

p

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It seems that Japanese car companies, when they don't copy Europeans, come up with either humdrum plain-vanilla car designs, or some exceedingly awful design like the aforementioned Nissan Murano. But I also think, talking about awful, that the Cadillac SRX has one of the worst front ends and grill I've ever seen. The Subaru Tribeca (B9 version) got laughed off the market for an equally bad front grill a few years ago.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The evoque and murano cabriolets are not THAT different. To me the idea of a drop top x-over is the issue... The first question that comes to me is : Why ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts