SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just reached 75k miles on my 2007 s40. I have three weeks before my next semmester and and a little extra money so I want to take care of some maintanence work before school starts and I have no time.

I got the car with 62k as the third owner. I have no idea of its maintanence history so I am just going to assume it only got oil changes and maybe brakes.

Here is what I am going to do to it so far:

Timing belt kit. (I know this is eairly per VOLVO but I'd rather to it now than risk it).
Spark Plugs
Air filter
Rear Brakes (they are shot)

My question, is there anything else I should do while I have the time? My main concern is things that should be done but really arent mentioned in the scheduled maintanence list. I wont really get any more time before winter break but then It will be too cold to work in the garage so I want to do it now. I am leaning towards changing tranny and break fluid. The oil is fine I just changed it a month ago.

Thanks for all of your input.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
if the oil was changed at Volvo's 7500 mile intervals, CLEANING out the PCV now would pay off in spades as it'd save you the cost of replacing these expensive plastic/rubber components.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I've looked but havn't been able to find any good write ups on this. Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the timing belt, you have 45,000 miles to go till it needs changing. Maybe do the alternator & A/C compressor belts.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Two items often overlooked:
Definitely change the brake fluid since you're doing rear brakes anyhow. Be sure to include the clutch slave.
Cabin filter

Assuming it's a stick I'd hold off on the transmission until 90,000. I agree with the above as well. 90,000 would be a good mileage to change out ALL the belts.
How does the coolant look? You're right at 5 years so changing that out might be a good idea.
Check the large circular bushing on the front control arms for cracking.
Check the sway bar links for play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts