SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I'm excited to announce that I just purchased my 6th Volvo. I purchased a 2009 Volvo S60 AWD over the weekend, and she's gorgeous! It has 70,000 miles, and is 100% stock, the car is in GREAT shape.

I have some plans for it over the next few weeks, nothing too crazy:

I am interested in upgrading the ECU. Should I stick with IPD for this?

I want to upgrade the headlight/foglight bulbs too. Any suggestions?

LED Lic. Plate lights too.

I'm open to suggestions, here are some pictures.

On another note, I'll be listing my 96 854R for sale in the next few days as well. It's in good shape, interior is very clean. Has 150K on the clock, I'm thinking of asking $5K for it. I'd be interested to hear some of your thoughts on that as well.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Welcome to the club :)

(soon we'll hit 55k)

(& temp lowered)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks spiked60!! I'm so excited, this is the newest car I've ever owned. It's so much fun to drive.

I'm itching at ordering some goodies from IPD, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Well obviously, stage zero. Make sure maintenance is up to speed. Fluids and filters.
After that, figure out where you wanna go?
Simple things like the grom bluetooth input and boost gauge were first for me, we're an aging model so "new" products are fewer than years back

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well obviously, stage zero. Make sure maintenance is up to speed. Fluids and filters.
After that, figure out where you wanna go?
Simple things like the grom bluetooth input and boost gauge were first for me, we're an aging model so "new" products are fewer than years back
I'm bringing it to my friend tomorrow, he's a Volvo Tech at my local dealership. He's going to give me a NY State inspection, and I"ll have him go over the car with a fine toothed comb. I'm def. thinking of upgrading the ECU, I spoke with IPD today and it's a 3 day turnaround time from when I send them my ECU to when I'll get it back.

Where did you place your boost gauge? I'd love to see some more pictures of your S60 if you have them. THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I've got my boost gauge in the lower right corner of the gauge surround

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
856 Posts
Very nice! Looks just like mine! Take care of your baby and it will take care of you! Feel free to pm me for details on any maintenance stuff you are coming up on:)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The gauge is from IPD, I went for the plain black one not the R blue, but any manual boost gauge should be similar.
And, to make it a touch more stealthy when parked, I have light smoke lamin-x tint on it so it hides better.

As for the install, I believe Fitzy was the first to do this, here's the primary link: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=141197

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Oh, and if you ever think you'll want ipd 's aluminum skid plate (I say it's good peace of mind), it's still on sale for 25% off, I don't know how long for
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/11463/124921-aluminum-skid-plate-p2-s60-s80-v70-xc70

I have the first generation, this one seems better. Thick aluminum, and has holes so you don't have to remove it for oil changes

(the skid plate is under the motor, thinner scrape plate under the bumper cover)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts