SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a '98 V70R AWD

I just bought a '98 V70R AWD race car with a seized engine. I don't need more race cars but this was a good deal. Looking forward to learning about the P80.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First question:

Are there differences between the B5234T6 and the B5234T3 other than the switch from Bosch Motronic 4.4 to Bosch ME7? The B5234T6 in the car is seized but I have a free B5234T3 from a 2002 s60 T5 available. Are the sensors different between the different control systems? I'm assuming I'll be swapping the ECU and wiring harness over to the R with the engine and turbo.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
First question:

Are there differences between the B5234T6 and the B5234T3 other than the switch from Bosch Motronic 4.4 to Bosch ME7? The B5234T6 in the car is seized but I have a free B5234T3 from a 2002 s60 T5 available. Are the sensors different between the different control systems? I'm assuming I'll be swapping the ECU and wiring harness over to the R with the engine and turbo.

Thoughts?
Lots. But all good things!

Better head, better oil pan, better oil cooler setup, solid lifters.

The car needs to keep the original ecu and all factory stock sensors. You will have to adapt the T3 to accept a distributor initially but coil on plug is recommended/excellent.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pics info
We'll be using it in ChampCar https://champcar.org, for rainy weather HPDE events, and for beginner racers who don't know how to drive a manual. Haven't picked it up yet. Hopefully I'll get it in the next few weeks.

Cage is 1.75"x0.120" DOM. I'll need to install a new seat, new harness, new steering wheel, window net, fire system, radio harness, and a few other things.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question anyone with the knowledge:

What other engine codes will bolt to the transmission in this car? What other transmissions will swap in easily. Auto trans isn't that big a deal but it's nice to shop the junkyards for spare engines, transmissions, turbos, and transfer cases to have them on had before we break them during a race (or the weekend before).

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Are you trying to maintain AWD or go FWD?

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Another question anyone with the knowledge:

What other engine codes will bolt to the transmission in this car? What other transmissions will swap in easily. Auto trans isn't that big a deal but it's nice to shop the junkyards for spare engines, transmissions, turbos, and transfer cases to have them on had before we break them during a race (or the weekend before).

Thanks,
Literally anything 5 cylinder and whiteblock.

M56 and 66 bolt up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was supposed to pay for it yesterday. My team mates were giving me crap about buying another race car that needs work so I backed out of the sale and gave the owner some money for his time.

Was planning to maintain AWD and use as the plan B rain car.

We're refocussing on my '06 Lotus Elise that's nearly race ready. This is probably the right decision as I don't have as much time and money as I used to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts