SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned a few XC70, and currently own a C70 Coupe, and S70 t5, Just Purchased a (12/19/2007 Build Date) 2008 XC90 3.2AWD, for 10K out the door (Cheapest one i could find by far at the local Mazda Dealer), Silver 7 Seat with navigation and not much else in the way of options, great one owner carfax, all dealer serviced on Carfax, no accidents etc...needed a few things for the inspection like brakes all around (Rotor and Pad), tires and a few bulbs. Car drives very tight and smooth, was way tighter than the 2007 XC90 V8 which was a Late '06 Build, that i found for 7K at the very sketchy car dealer down the street, but which had also been dealer serviced through two owners (Again according to carfax), had mis matched new tires, brakes pulsed but came with a 3 Month Bumper to Bumper warranty at the dealership including wear items. I almost bought this based on warranty and price, but saw 06-07 tranny issues here, and steering was very heavy and not "Tight" feeling, (and the heaps of AutoZone parts box's overflowing the dumpster) but i loved the engine, sounds great under full throttle, bought the newer one to try and avoid the tranny issues, and much cleaner and everything matched, etc. Any suggestions other than the baseline tranny fluid change, and oil change using Mann or Volvo filter, i do think the 3.2 has plenty of Pep for its intended use, even with the A/C on full blast just looking for longevity.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think the Mann filter is the same as OEM Volvo filter. I'm almost 100% sure. Congrats on the new (to you) ride. How many miles was on the XC90 to be able to walk out the door only paying 10k? I know nothing about the transmission fluid question, sorry.

·
3,391 Posts
I highly recommend getting an updated Nav disc. The new discs not only have updated maps, but a firmware update that completely updates the operating system to look much more modern, and it adds 3D maps and lane guidance. It's worth the cost. It takes the nav from being old and borderline useless to right up to date and very useful.

·
3,391 Posts
Oh, and I think you should get the V8 too, but obviously I'm a little biased. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 08 has 101K on it, mazda dealer doing a sale before auction, as they do no retail cars over 75K on the front line, the v8 has 119K and 90 day bumper to bumper, but just did not feel as good as the 3.2, going to test it again, I will be updating the navigation thanks itwontstopsnowin

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nav Disc

I highly recommend getting an updated Nav disc. The new discs not only have updated maps, but a firmware update that completely updates the operating system to look much more modern, and it adds 3D maps and lane guidance. It's worth the cost. It takes the nav from being old and borderline useless to right up to date and very useful.

Can you tell me what the newest nav disc is, i see them on ebay (2013 Version) for around 140.00, is there a 2015 version?
Thanks SS

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, Really taking a hard look at another xc90 a 2007 v8, silver, has very heavy steering, compared to my 08 3.2, lots of dealer service until 110K miles, including the following at 110K; 1. Four wheel alignment 2. Lower control arm bushings, 3. Engine /Powertrain computer/module checked. 4. Brakes Checked, 5. Trim Checked, 6. Steering Suspension checked (All ay 128 Volvo in MA.) then a bunch of Valvoline oil changes to 119K where it now sits, brakes pulse, will be replaced before purchase (Using autozone parts) but they should last a while anyway, seems to accelerate pretty good, quiet, ac works well, starts right up, very late 06 build, anything else i need to check/ be worried about (Like tranny issues?), i get a 100% Bumper to Bumper warranty for 90 days, including wear items, can pick it up for 6500.00 out the door cash sale?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well no joy here, sold before i could say yes, i think i will look for a v8 sport, and just take my time, wife loves the 08

1 - 9 of 9 Posts