SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my fiancee and I finally picked up her 2013 S60 T5 AWD tonight and she is almost more excited than I am, lol! It only took me three years of convincing her to finally drink the Volvo Kool-Aid! Well we picked it up in Black Stone w/Off Black Leather with the standard Alumn. Trim, Climate Package, Premier Plus Pkg (PCC, Xenons, Parking Sensors, etc.), it has the basic 17" Balder wheels, but that wasn't a deal breaker and I'm sure I'll come across set of 17/18" Volvo wheels for it. In the meantime, my fiancee didn't waste anytime with the MOD bug, she was like, "I would like to get the Sport Appearance Pkg to make it more aggressive looking and possibly the rear spoiler." I have trained her well!!! :cool: Our favorite feature is the new shift knob, which really highlights the interior very well at night. Volvo has also made some changes to the mudflaps (in the front at least), they are much, much smaller and well placed (pics coming soon!).

Here are the new mudflaps:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations! We just traded our 2010 Audi A4 on a 2013 S60 T5 - Ice White with Softbeige/Offblack, Premier, Climate, AWD - plus a factory (port?) installed trunk spoiler.

I'm already thinking mods, but my wife has told me to keep my mitts off her car! :rolleyes:

Here's the car on my favorite road; I never have to worry about hitting the right line ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! Especially for the AWD choice. Tell me, is it available also with the manual gearbox? In Italy all the AWD are dealed only geartronic ufortunatly for me, but the T5 awd is not yet available.
Bye

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Congrats! Especially for the AWD choice. Tell me, is it available also with the manual gearbox? In Italy all the AWD are dealed only geartronic ufortunatly for me, but the T5 awd is not yet available.
Bye
No manuals in the US.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
*PS Photobucket isn't allowing me to upload pics from either my phone or computer; must be an issue on their end. So as soon as I can, I will upload pictures!
Photobucket was down for a lot of people yesterday, I hope you can get some pics up soon. I am trying to convince myself to get a T5 and I REALLY need to see that gear shifter ;

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Congratulations! I'm starting to see more new S60s on the road so I think more people are
making a similar decision. T5s seem very popular.

Also, I see a set of four new Sleipner wheels in the classified section for $550 shipped.
That's not a bad deal to get them to your door.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pictures Added!

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Red Bank Volvo? I'm familiar with them. Bought our first Volvo from those guys. The owner is great and sales department is pretty good but service there is kind of a pain.
Yea I bought all my Volvo's there except for the R-Design because of a trade-in offer was better somewhere else. Overall I love the Sales Department, but like you mentioned the Service Dept. can be weird at times, but as of recently they have been awesome like years past.

·
Administrator
55,950 Posts
Congrats! We just finished driving the T5 AWD. With the MY13 internal engine changes and transmission programming, the T5 AWD is fun to drive!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! We just finished driving the T5 AWD. With the MY13 internal engine changes and transmission programming, the T5 AWD is fun to drive!!
I plan to lease a 2013 S60 T5, do not know if it will be a FWD or AWD - have a hard time deciding.

What do you think of the reworked engine? Notable differences compared to MY12? When will the test drive be published?

Cheers
Karl

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations on the Volvo. Hope you and your fiancee enjoy this car as much as we all enjoy ours.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice looking S60................you will love it!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The gear shifter looks nicer than I thought it would:thumbup::eek:
I saw the new shifter on a new S80 last week and thought it looked cheaper and more plasticy than I had expected. I also suspect that the metal trim is going to get branding-iron hot if parked in the summer sun, as do the metal bottom spokes on the steering wheel. The difference is, it is possible to steer without touching the metal trim, whereas it would be virtually impossible to operate the shifter without contacting the metal trim. This is probably not a problem in Sweden. Engineering will probably come up with a fix, like supplying a right glove with the vehicle...

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw the new shifter on a new S80 last week and thought it looked cheaper and more plasticy than I had expected. I also suspect that the metal trim is going to get branding-iron hot if parked in the summer sun, as do the metal bottom spokes on the steering wheel. The difference is, it is possible to steer without touching the metal trim, whereas it would be virtually impossible to operate the shifter without contacting the metal trim. This is probably not a problem in Sweden. Engineering will probably come up with a fix, like supplying a right glove with the vehicle...
Putting metal trim is nothing new to Volvo's, my 2007 S60R GT had metal trim that got moderately hot in the summer time; the steering wheel is only hot when the car is sitting for long periods of time. I don't think the shifter looks cheaper or plasticy at all, it's very similar to the newer style BMW shifters.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.