SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an XC-90 R-Design in Bursting Blue Metallic with the convenience package, vision package, and head-up display. It's due in April 4th. Total MSRP was $59,855 minus the negotiated discount of $4000, for a final price of $55,855. Does the price sound reasonable? Is anyone getting better discounts? Any suggestions for add-on's or tips on getting started with this electronic wizard?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Have not seen one in person - but a number of pictures here on Swedespeed and the Internet - great color!

If you have not looked through the available accessories - maybe start here:
http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-my/XC90(16-)/2016/all/all/all

I added:
  • textile cargo mat
  • winter floor mats
  • mud flaps
You may also want to consider grabbing a PDF version of the owner manuals and taking a look through those - may help familiarize with some of the functions of the vehicle:
http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/volvo-vehicle-information-library/Pages/om.aspx

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just ordered an XC-90 R-Design in Bursting Blue Metallic with the convenience package, vision package, and head-up display. It's due in April 4th. Total MSRP was $59,855 minus the negotiated discount of $4000, for a final price of $55,855. Does the price sound reasonable? Is anyone getting better discounts? Any suggestions for add-on's or tips on getting started with this electronic wizard?

Congrats! Sounds like you worked a great price. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?237281-XC90-Discounts-amp-Delivery-Times

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great price on a great build! Congrats and welcome to the forum - lots of great info here.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats! We also placed our order finally today :D Now the wait begins lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's an amazing price. My 2013 Volvo S60 was destroyed in a car accident on Christmas Eve (rear-ended by a texting driver going full interstate speeds, no breaking, he didn't even see us - with my young children and spouse in it with me - on our way to Christmas festivities out of state). So we needed a new vehicle pronto (we had only minor injuries, whiplash, seatbelt injuries - THANK YOU VOLVO). Being unable to order and wait for weeks (or months) for delivery, I got stuck paying STICKER (I hunted within 250 miles for in stock - found ONE vehicle that was what I wanted - ugh). It hurt - I've never paid sticker. Fully loaded R-Design, Bursting Blue Metallic, Convenience, Vision, HUD, Climate, B&W Sound, Air Suspension, and Center Booster - set me back $66k. I found a few places that would give me a discount (up to $2k off sticker), but they were quoting 8 weeks delivery (I presumed that it would be longer and they wanted the sale). That's a long time for a family to be without a vehicle, a rental for that long would have set me back that $2k and it would have been an unsafe rent-a-car POS.

So yeah, $4k off the sticker seems insanely good to me!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
What did you end up ordering? Did you find that any of the Toronto dealerships were flexible on price?
Ordered yesterday lol Yes found a great deal!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just ordered an XC-90 R-Design in Bursting Blue Metallic with the convenience package, vision package, and head-up display. It's due in April 4th.
April 4th?!! That is just two months. If you custom ordered the vehicle and not just took over an existing dealer order that they could modify to meet your specs, I think your dealer fed you a line of BS. :facepalm: Recently the time frame for a T6 custom order is 4+ months from order to delivery.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
April 4th?!! That is just two months. If you custom ordered the vehicle and not just took over an existing dealer order that they could modify to meet your specs, I think your dealer fed you a line of BS. :facepalm: Recently the time frame for a T6 custom order is 4+ months from order to delivery.
Nothing OP says leads me to believe it's a custom order - just that he chose a vehicle already ordered for dealer stock.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Looks amazing with 22" wheels, congratulations! And love the lowered air suspension.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered the same vehicle except I added carbon inlays, air suspension, and rear booster. I only received $1000 off though it was a custom order. You got a great deal!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After sitting in the sport seat for an extended time, I decided it was too restrictive for me. The combination of the seat material plus the additional bolstering scared me enough to make me switch to an Inscription. I was in love with the bursting blue color and the sportier wheels but ultimately decided seat comfort was more important to me. Anyone else had issues with the sport seats?

·
Registered
478 Posts
After sitting in the sport seat for an extended time, I decided it was too restrictive for me. The combination of the seat material plus the additional bolstering scared me enough to make me switch to an Inscription. I was in love with the bursting blue color and the sportier wheels but ultimately decided seat comfort was more important to me. Anyone else had issues with the sport seats?
I initially ordered an R-Design, but after sitting in the cabin for a while, decided to switch to an Inscription. I switched because of the combination of the seats and the general feel of the interior. If this was anything other than a giant SUV, I might still have gone with the R-Design, but I wanted ultimate comfort for road trips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Deal...

Where may I find a similar deal?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts