SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered new shocks and struts, question about SUM

Talk about a kick to the pants. New shocks and struts $1141. Ouch. Well that hopefully should cure the bouncing down the road and bottoming out problem.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Where did you purchase them from? I'm pretty sure Rock auto has some great prices for them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So from what I've been reading is after I install the new shocks/struts I need to do a SUM calibration. Is this correct? So I guess I need to order a Dice/Vida unit?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You can but the dealer should do it for 30 ish dollars.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can but the dealer should do it for 30 ish dollars.
Oh that's all? I thought I read some where the dealer charged like $300 to do that. Sweet thanks!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Did you order new spring seats and support plates for the front. I'd say 1) get it done now instead of having to go back in later and 2) go OEM. I went with aftermarket spring seats and the first set wore out in less than two months, the second set has lasted about 6 and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have one of the ipd hd spring seats but also one of the Sachs aftermarket brand that ipd offers. neither has shown any substantial wear. may not want to go with one of the really cheap brands though especially if you don't do your own labor

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was going to do the labor myself so I'll check out the seats and support plate. Also just talked to the local Volvo dealer and they said they wouldn't charge for the SUM calibration so that's pretty sweet!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did you order new spring seats and support plates for the front. I'd say 1) get it done now instead of having to go back in later and 2) go OEM. I went with aftermarket spring seats and the first set wore out in less than two months, the second set has lasted about 6 and needs to be replaced.
For the spring seats and support plate do you have a part number? Also where is a good place to buy the spring seats and support plates from?

Edit: Never mind I found the parts on tasca.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts