SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to posting about the KPAX Performance Exhaust System recently installed on my 2015.5 V60 RD.

https://youtu.be/uap-nwFXuRw

I have been contemplating for over a year whether or not I should get this system for the V60. I absolutely love my V60, but the exhaust was just always way too quiet. It has been the only thing bothering me about the car. I reached out to "the Chris" in our forum and he was a huge help as he has the same system for his car. He pointed me in the right direction as the Volvo dealer here in Vegas is not a KPAX authorized dealer.

I purchased the exhaust system from Rich at Momentum Volvo in Houston, TX. He literally answered a million questions for me and made for a pretty awesome buying experience. I had it shipped to Vegas and installed by Trophy Performance, a traditionally Porsche focused performance and racing shop. The install was a breeze for them and took less than an hour.

All I can say is I wish I purchased the system earlier. I love the sound and definitely feel the little bit of HP increase.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
are they like they only dealership selling this stuff anymore? I cannot find this stuff anywhere else.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they like they only dealership selling this stuff anymore? I cannot find this stuff anywhere else.
This is the latest list of KPAX Authorized dealerships.

http://www.kpaxperformance.com/retailers/

The reason there are not a ton is it costs a dealership like $20k up front and then they have to earmark models and do complete KPAX GT packages on them. Most Volvo dealerships have a small performance market so its not worth the cost.

·
Administrator
55,931 Posts
Looking good Ryan! I need to get back on my local dyno for a comparison number. Hopefully within the next two weeks - then we will have some before/after numbers!

You used the 2015 rear valence, correct?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I see you're in Vegas. Any Volvo groups here?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Yeah I am in Vegas. Haven't found a Volvo group or club here yet. Would love to start one though!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good Ryan! I need to get back on my local dyno for a comparison number. Hopefully within the next two weeks - then we will have some before/after numbers!

You used the 2015 rear valence, correct?
Thanks Chris! Thanks for all the help and advice on this project too! Can't wait to see your dyno numbers. It feels like the system gives a good kick under hard acceleration, but that could be because its so loud:).

Yes I used the 2015.5 rear valence. The shop here actually didn't even have to bend the hangers, but used some type of spacers. They said its better install and is better in the long run.

Haven't had any issues and loving it. Next project is getting the Polestar shift nob installed, which I purchased from Rich. Unfortunately, looks like the install is as expensive as the actual shift nob:(. Rich was saying its pretty easy to mess up if you don't know what you are doing, so best to have the Volvo dealership here in Vegas install it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks like a new toy for my 15.5 black V60 RD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
awesome !!! how is the interior noise ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What mmustangsrus said + need some rev and drive-by videos! Baby is on the radar and worried about cabin noise...

Looks awesome.

·
Administrator
55,931 Posts
The KPAX is more aggressive than Polestar. Some clips I shot last year:

As a comparison, here is a clip from me in the back seat of a S60 Polestar at the track. I think the KPAX is a tad louder I'll try to get a similar one for the KPAX.

·
Registered
613 Posts
On the GT5 the exhaust sound is, imho, too quiet below 3K RPM. Above that point, the real fun occurs and the sound is phenomenal. Although, my comment is biased as I have a GT5 (inline 5).

Had I a camera I would film some drivebys and whatnot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome !!! how is the interior noise ?
Its not bad at all. Cruising at highway speeds with RPMs about 2k-2100 you barely hear it. No drone and given the price of the system it should be that way.

You definitely hear it though, but its not annoying and sounds like a European car should. Very deep and throaty and when you get on it the sound is amazing. I've had multiple people roll down there window and ask me about it as it really surprises them.

When I got the V60 the exhaust sound was the only thing that was missing and now i just can't get enough. Plus you definitely feel the extra bit of power when you are on it. Chris will have some dyno results soon on that front.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What mmustangsrus said + need some rev and drive-by videos! Baby is on the radar and worried about cabin noise...

Looks awesome.
Yeah that was my #1 concern. I have a 2 year old and my wife would kill me if it sounded to loud in the cabin. To be honest they barely notice it until I really get on it. My daughter likes loud exhaust anyway as I started her young watching youtube videos of exotic cars:).

For a young baby it might even help them sleep. Chris and Rich were very helpful in this as this is why I waited so long to purchase the system.

I will try to do more videos, but honestly on my iphone it really doesn't do it justice as I think Chris and other can attest to. It must be the range its in where it doesn't come through well on video.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yes I used the 2015.5 rear valence. The shop here actually didn't even have to bend the hangers, but used some type of spacers. They said its better install and is better in the long run.
Would you be able to take pictures of what kind of spacer they used instead of bending the brackets? Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would you be able to take pictures of what kind of spacer they used instead of bending the brackets? Thanks!
Let me ask them where they are actually at. I've tried to look under the car myself and can't see what they are talking about. Once I figure it out I will post some photos for you.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Let me ask them where they are actually at. I've tried to look under the car myself and can't see what they are talking about. Once I figure it out I will post some photos for you.
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts