SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer into my S40 with Premium Audio. I dropped the car off at 10.00 in the morning and they worked solidly on it until 16.30. I don't know what went wrong but it took them ages -- they did say that it was their first install of this kit. They seemed to have a lot of trouble hooking the kit into the S40 Amps located in the boot.<p>Everything works very well and the call quality is very good. <p>Two caveats though:<p>1. I'm disappointed with where they located the control button unit. They stuck it under the aircon temp control knob -- it looks very out of place there and takes away from the clean central console on the S40. I'm going to move it somewhere better -- but where? How hard is it to un-stick the controller?<p>2. When the unit mutes the stereo it doesn't pause the CD if one is playing. For a "Volvo Accessory" this really isn't integrated into the car very well which is a bit much for a 2006 vehicle. <p>I can post a picture of the controller location if you like. <p>-- tigerbalm<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by tigerbalm at 9:56 AM 8-3-2006</i>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Just got Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer (tigerbalm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tigerbalm</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Two cavets though:<p>1. I'm disappointed with where they located the control button unit. They stuck it under the aircon temp control knob -- it looks very out of place there and takes away from the clean central console on the S40. I'm going to move it somewhere better -- but where? How hard is it to un-stick the controller?<p>2. When the unit mutes the stereo it doesn't pause the CD if one is playing. For a "Volvo Accessory" this really isn't integrated into the car very well which is a bit much for a 2006 vehicle. <p>I can post a picture of the controller location if you like. <p>-- tigerbalm</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That's because it's not really a Volvo accessory. It's the same Motorola unit you can buy on the street for any car. I have one installed in my Nissan Pathfinder. I hate that it won't pause the CD, but it doesn't hook into the stereo in any way other than to interrupt the signal going to the speakers. If you listen, you can still faintly hear what's playing from the rear speakers on my car. Your car (and wiring harness) may vary. <p>As far as the sticky goes, it's a pretty stout adhesive, but it's still just an adhesive. A good remover like Goo Gone or Oops (over here) should work to clean off any residue after you remove it. I would remove it like you would remove a rear badge....it's that same ultra sticky thin foam material....use a hair dryer and a piece of dental floss and it will come right off. Use the cleaner to clean the residue, and get some new adhesive strips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Just got Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer (needsdecaf)

It's a pitty though. Volvo have such a poor showing on accessories (iPod, etc.) Hopefully bluetooth phone kit will be a factory option by the time I am purchasing a new car in 2008.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Re: Just got Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer (tigerbalm)

Hmmmm - In my '04 S60R I'm having my VOCP SOS system and associated integrated Analog hands-free phone completely de-installed and replaced/swapped (for free) with the Volvo BT HF kit on Aug 10 next week. The shop will need car for whole day so I'm hoping they can complete this BT installation along with the removal of the VOCP SOS hardware.<p>I plan on having the control button module fixed to the dash on left side of the cubby hole that replaces the integrated phone's keypad. In this position with driver's head upright the control module is hidden from sight. All it takes to view it clearly is a slight head bend to the right (I'm in USA).<p>Many people posting here have had the module placed above the pen holder where it's common to have space to right of the three buttons. In my case I have all 7 buttons with three being dummy plugs.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: Just got Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer (barrysharp)

Here's my post and photos and subsequent thread on the Bluetooth phone, which was no charge to me during the removal of the On Call phone.<p><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=61868" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=61868</A>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got Volvo Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer (TexasV70R)

I managed to move the controller to under the ignition key without much difficulty and it's a much better location - both in look and usability.<p>Thanks for your help -- I used a spray-can label remover from maplins and it worked a treat.<p><A HREF="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=N63AN&DOY=5m8" TARGET="_blank">http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search...Y=5m8</A>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts