SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a pre-owned 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i (about 75000miles) :)
so far I am really happy with it, I think it was properly maintained.

I dont know who the owner was, so I can't ask him/her directly to know what he did or did not.
Of course I will flush oil and coolant, but I'd like to know if you would recommend me to flush also other fluids like brake and hydraulic direction.
and specially if it is necessary to flush the geartronic oil.

And also any other tips on what I should check/do will be very appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'd replace the auxiliary belts (A/C belt and Accessory Belt), check the battery as mine went out at about this mileage, and I'd replace the cabin filter. Cabin filter is a MAJOR pain in the butt to do, but...it's worth it as it's probably fairly dirty. Replace it with a K&N filter so next time, you can just wash it and put it back in.

Extended Warranty: Have the PEM module replaced and relocated if it hasn't been done already. Second have the PCV replaced as well as the tubing (which is plastic on our model year and will be replaced with rubber). Not about the exact wording, but these two extended warranty repairs are important to do.

These things should keep you busy for a little while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, thanks a lot!
I now know that Ill check for the PEM to see if it was replaced, and will keep an eye in the PCV tubing, things that I had no idea about.

I guess Ill be very busy in the following weeks, but I am keen to do things myself.

Thanks again for your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts