SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really enjoying my new white S60 so far just passed about 130 miles since taking delivery yesterday!! I have had an issue and was hoping someone knows a solution or what I'm experiencing. When I accelerate, if I floor the pedal sometimes I get a real loud whirring from the engine almost like a loud crotch rocket is driving by my car!!! Has anyone else experienced this? My dealer filled the tank with 87 octane fuel as a part of my deal...is my car asking for premium (we have up to 91 here in vegas) or do I have some breaking in to do?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I couldn't replicate this sound this morning. When I did experience this loud sound coming from the engine, it was at lower gears and going quick off the line...probably an acceleration rate I won't use much as I was just pushing the car to see what it could do!

Few things about the times it happend (three total)...outside temp above 95 degrees F, car relatively warm, probably not to full temp, noticed at lower gears and when I eased off the gas the sound would go away.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd take it easy until 1K miles. A break in period might not be a must do but it certainly won't hurt. Let all the parts get used to working with each other.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Welcome to the world of the corky 5cyl engine noises that the T5 will make. I'm sure its nothing, just break in the car for the first 1,000 or so miles, and yes I would probably run Premium fuel on a Turbo motor; regardless if Volvo says Regular is fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corky to say the least...I was able to get the sound again this afternoon. Not sure temperature outside or of the car is a factor, just seems to happen when I gun it! I'll hold off on that for now and monitor the performance after 1000 miles. What is odd that at times the car accelerates the same and does not make the sound. I haven't figured the difference...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this with the A/C turned on? Sounds like it's fairly hot outside, so I'm thinking A/C compressor...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll test without AC...but yes, the AC is on and probably will remain that way well into September...this is Vegas ya know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts