SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a nice surprise! totally didn't expect to see an S60R anywhere, much less in the race! It did about like you would imagine against a bunch of 996 GT3's, Vipers, Corvettes.... it was just out classed no doubt...BUT you have to give it credit as it did stay with the pack, it didn't get completely left for dead- and it was the only 4 door car in the race. The turbo spooling up in turn 17 was fun to watch as well- anyone know those guys?
We also got to do some parade laps in n E28 M5 (we just got done building another one) that the pace car was a BMW M1 Pro-Car that couldn't stay anywhere around 45mph- I think parade laps are about the cheesiest thing around, but we had never seen Sebring before and it gave us a good lay of the land... and we were over 100 pretty much the whole time- very odd for a parade lap indeed!
Any who- congrats to the Volvo guys, they did really well considering the company
and I'm not sure if it is because of the turbo or the awd that forces them to be in that class, but they were really giving it a go!

Now, I'm going to try and rehydrate and not drink anything with alcohol in it for at least a week! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect- that is the info i was looking for. I am a GT-2 and LMP-1 kind of guy... and there were 3 BMW M-1 pro-cars there- once in a life time thing for me... so i spent a lot of my time with them - didnt even see the K -Pax team and i really wish i had... Anyone coming to Petit? we have a huge set-up there too!

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: Just got back from Sebring- S60R in the Speed Race! (9mil)

Quote, originally posted by 9mil »
Linky no work and I MUST read more about this team now.. ;-)

Links all seem OK from here. If you do more digging you'll find K-Pax did no testing before coming to Sebring and faltered during practice with teething issues. It's still quite an accomplishment for Andy have finished as well as he did.

K-Pax, Pobst and Pilgrim come to the table with an impressive resume prior to Volvo so after the teething issues are solved maybe we'll see some prodium action.

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Wow...they finished 12th out of 20 that finished. That is extremely impressive for that class.

I can't get the link either, but you can google KPAX racing

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Just got back from Sebring- S60R in the Speed Race! (JimLill)

Yea- Ive been diggin and found some pretty cool stuff- Pobst lives up the road from me in Gainsville- and their resumes are more than impressive! Wow- i really didnt know much about this team before today and i feel like a moron for not paying attention!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: (TGO)

Quote, originally posted by TGO »
is this car AWD? i assume if it is it's driveline shares NOTHING with ours anyway lol!

They were S60's (not R's) AWD in their prior life.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Re: (baxteR)

Quote, originally posted by baxteR »

They were S60's (not R's) AWD in their prior life.

so they aren't now?

even if they were i guess they would not use the stock volvo parts as they just wouldn't hold up. i guess i was just hoping there could be some insight on how to fix our awd system.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Re: (9mil)

There have been a number of threads about this team and their Speed GT R builds - mostly from the Denver GTG threads as that is where the builds took place. I met some of the team at a GTG last summer when I was in Denver for other business. They compared their Sonic Blue paint swatches against the paint on my R!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.