SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of 18x8 Midir Wheels on 235/40/18 tires from a 2010+ C70 today. Has anybody fit these wheels or any other 18x8 C70 wheels on their S70 or V70? I know the center bore on the C70 wheels are 63.4 and my S70 requires 65.1. So at the very least, I need to get wheel spacers that convert the hub size to 63.4mm. Any idea on what size spacers I need? I know I've seen 18x8 Medusa wheels on S70/V70's so I assume it should be the same setup?....

Here are the specs for the C70 wheels
Dimensions: 18x8"
Offset: +52.5mm
Centerbore: 63.4mm

Also have 4 235/40/18 nokian snow tires that I'll be looking to get rid of, and a set of 15" steelies 5x108 for free to whoever wants to come pick them up in Providence RI

Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have info regarding the fit of the rims, but I am interested in the steel wheels. PM was sent

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Important to note that you'e talking about the "Midir C" which is 18x8 and originally came on the P1 C70.
Not to be confused with the much more common "Midir" which is 18x7.5 and came on the C30, S40, and V50; I've seen the regular Midirs fitted to P80 cars before, can't remember where though... But I believe they just had the center bore machined out to 65.1mm and called it a day.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Get a set of custom spacers made that will deal with the change in hub bore so you don't have to modify the wheels at all.

For an 8" wide wheel you want to be around an offset of +40 to +35. The minimum thickness for a spacer like that is 15mm so that would place your offset at +37.5.

A 235/40 will rub a little bit if you are lowered. Go with a 225/40 and you shouldn't have issues with rubbing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RussBert- I will pm you

MyNameIdeasWereTaken- Yeah, I figured out that the Midir wheels from the C30 were different. Seems like those may have been an easier fit

andyb5- Thanks for the great info. I actually just placed an order today for custom spacers with Viva-Performance. I went with the 15mm spacers on all 4. Guys at Viva were super helpful, I'm decently mechanically inclined (brake jobs, oil changes etc.) but have no idea about wheels offsets, spacers and so on.

The wheels came with practically brand new 235/40/18 Continental Contiprocontact, not exactly the best tires but they are in great shape. I'm not lowered, so I'll see how the tires fit and go from there. Might be worth rolling the fenders if necessary to save the $800+ it will cost for a decent set of tires...

Thanks for the help, I'll post pics when I get the wheels on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts