SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went from CO to NE to visit my mom and sister for the weekend.

It was incredibly windy (as NE often is) and fuel economy in ECO mode for the entire 450 miles was 23.6 MPG. Given that I drive 80MPH to 85MPH and the wind I consider this very good. We have made this trip a hundred times and I'm familiar with how various vehicles do. Our (late) Touareg TDI's would get (on a windy day) up to about 24 - 25 MPG, which is barely above the XC90, so I was surpised as I was expecting XC90 to be up to 4 MPG less than the Touareg TDI. The Treg TDI on a non windy day can score 27 - 28MPG on this trip with my driving style.'

How did she do on this trip?

In a word, "Excellent"

1) Great LED nighttime driving'
2) Adaptive cruise was soooo sweet - 1st car I've had with it and I will always have from now on
3) B&W was gorgeous sounding
4) Seats were very comfy and adjustability helped lessen fatigue on this 5.5 hour trip
5) Motor power was more than adequate for passing
6) The wife & I had fun playing with Sensus capabilities and options
7) The cabin just makes you feel special as it is a top luxury vehicle and is unassuming yet ultra classy

As a side, in a word, "excellent" experience on our 1st trip

Oh yes, I would have GREATLY preferred a larger gas tank so the range was close to 600 miles! (very spoiled with Touraeg TDI's 700 mile fuel tank range)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to a road trip!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new vehicle. I just picked mine up yesterday and am loving it so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts