SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Excited to be a member of the club of R owners. I got a killer deal on this V70R. Seller was a dealership (very honest too which was surprising), he told me it was a super rare magisonic blue and one of only 6 V70 sedans ever produced. Cant wait to start modding the 2.4 liter 4 cyl!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Hahahahaha

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
May the megavirus of a thousand camels invade your hard drive.
That photo is just wrong in so many ways.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, sorry, had to do it.

But I picked up my 05 last week and just barely got a chance to snap even a cell phone pic... Tikap, booster seats, factory sub, 81K and a 4 year 48K extended warranty, has blizzaks on now and came with Dunlops for the summer. Has had all 4 struts dealer changed in the last 16K miles as well as the front bumper replaced.

Here is a pic I snapped earlier today... Then I went down to my basement office. Next thing I know my 10 year old is ringing the door bell and when I walk out of the office there is a baby monitor on the floor. Continued below...

When I get upstairs the house is empty except for said baby sleeping, I open the door and this is now my view.

Luckily my wife came back and brought the car with her, I thought the XC90 was hers...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
And how do you like the XC90 you're driving now that the wife is driving your Camry?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And how do you like the XC90 you're driving now that the wife is driving your Camry?
haha! yeah, when I only drove the 850, I thought the XC had plenty of pick up, now I think I am going to have to do an IPD ECU upgrade on the XC to make it tolerable again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
When was this model made available!? I love the lines! A VOLVO V70R Sedan! Sweet!

·
Registered
13,512 Posts
Congrats on the new to you VR. My 16 year old typically drives the VR to school. 2-3 miles each way keeps the miles low and a wagon with GT is not going to get in a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats on the new to you VR. My 16 year old typically drives the VR to school. 2-3 miles each way keeps the miles low and a wagon with GT is not going to get in a lot of trouble.
I wish I could of driven a VR to school when I was 16!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When I was 16 300 HP with an auto trans would have been all I needed to get in LOTS of trouble.

·
Registered
13,512 Posts
Well, at this point it's an 8 year old car and with a torque limited GT is not terribly quick.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes, but even with GT it goes from zero to license revocation speed in a school zone in 4 seconds. New V6 Mustangs and Camaros do that in 3.2 seconds I'll agree.
A 1983 240 with diesel and automatic, that will not go fast enough fully matted from school parking lot exit to the county line, even in a large county, to get you a speeding ticket.
And that is with 35 mph speed limits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts