SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know most people seem to use Bilstein shocks, however my car is just kind of a beater (2001 S60 2.4T). Not real interested in spending a lot of money.

I did read on another forum that a guy use Sachs shocks with lowering springs and everything seemed to be working just fine.

I just would like a second opinion.

He did mention something about a rubber spacer that you should buy that the Spring sits in. Can someone tell me what that is? Must go between the spring and shock mount to hold the spring in place? Not sure?

Also, the front seems to sit fairly low already, I might just do the rears first and see what the stance is?

Anyone have pictures of a lowered S60 with stock rims?? It will be scrappy looking for sure!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi,

I know most people seem to use Bilstein shocks, however my car is just kind of a beater (2001 S60 2.4T). Not real interested in spending a lot of money.

I did read on another forum that a guy use Sachs shocks with lowering springs and everything seemed to be working just fine.

I just would like a second opinion.

He did mention something about a rubber spacer that you should buy that the Spring sits in. Can someone tell me what that is? Must go between the spring and shock mount to hold the spring in place? Not sure?

Also, the front seems to sit fairly low already, I might just do the rears first and see what the stance is?

Anyone have pictures of a lowered S60 with stock rims?? It will be scrappy looking for sure!

Thanks!!
H & R with the original Sach will make you suffer far from smooth driving. Based on my experience, it will be very tough on the road while you driving. Especially while you run through the rough surface of the road.

I use Bilstein B6 with original spring is quite good performance.

I think Bilstein B8 will fit with your H & R spring. Then you can drive like racing without shaking car's body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts