SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I bought a scangauge 2 and tested it on my s60r. It shows hpr, rpm, IAF, ign, coolant temp, mpg, cost per mile and a few others. After I plugged it in, I went for a drive to see hp. It gave me 375 at 73F. I have an autotech tune, custom turbo-back exhaust, K&N, fmic, dual kelly intake, ipd tcv. Test was done on 91 octane(highest around here). I was told by scangauge customer service that scangauge is pretty accurate to crank hp, but I first need to fill up tank, and enter all the info. Then I will get cororect hp. Did anyone test this with their R using scangauge2? What results?

Also I want to know how to read the ignition(whats good, whats bad) what is it supposed to be at idle, and what other things I should know about correct ignition. Another thing I want to know is air to fuel ratio. What is it supposed to be on our Rs and how do I know when ot is correct or wrong? It would be awesome if I could get some help here. If you guys have scangauge please let me know what you have for hp, afr, ign. And list your mods.

Thanks to all in advance

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
On the two cars I tested so far its about 10% higher than supposed to be. Others say its 9%. I still didnt put in the fill-up info so my hp will probably change
IDK, mine jumps a lot, maybe its because I haven't 'calibrated' it due to fuel fillup and entered all that info but it usually says 525HP or something haha, so I doubt its accuracy. I haven't done it in a long time, maybe I'll try it again today. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDK, mine jumps a lot, maybe its because I haven't 'calibrated' it due to fuel fillup and entered all that info but it usually says 525HP or something haha, so I doubt its accuracy. I haven't done it in a long time, maybe I'll try it again today. :)
Did you dyno your car? How many hp you got on real dyno?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Search the forum, I've seen a pretty regular amount of posts about them, with pictures, over the years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts