SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it last Friday, (sight unseen and with no condition report :facepalm:)
59,000 miles
A major luck out, this one is VERY NICE. :thumbup::thumbup:
Ti/Gobi (decent Gobi) pretty loaded but no Nav.
Automatic.
I just picked it up and drove it home 80 miles, it was a flawless drive with no sidehop (even with worn out tires :rolleyes:) great tranny, etc.
Drove straight as an arrow and was extremely quiet
Will post pics after it's detailed, it's at Volvo being checked out now.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait to see!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pictures tomorrow, being detailed now. Already did the oil change and new PA state inspection. Needed nothing!
Pretty awesome...I just got ( a LOT) of service records mailed to me, everything was just done! :thumbup:
An early 60K service was done at 57K, and a new fuel filer was installed :eek: (not necessary at these miles).

I don't know if the owner was a SS member but it has been very well taken cars of with all major services performed early and thoroughly. Who knows, it was traded for an Infinity.

It also has a working Sirius, not just sat prep, I just have to activate it! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Eh Gobi.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Since you don't believe me; more pics tomorrow
Also, Ipod cable, Sirius and factory tow hitch

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very nice Jim.

But my wife won't have it...even if it had boosters and a 3rd row.
(Yet she has no idea what to replace the Mazda5 with, since it gets 24mpg city & any van or SUV will be 16 mpg max for our conditions)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Move to AZ and park in an open lot @ work. THEN tell me how much you love Nordkap...
Eh I've parked my car in the summer here in MD with the inside car temp reaching 120 with nordkap with no shade and was fine. Don't like AZ temps, move :D JRL lives in PA anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Eh I've parked my car in the summer here in MD with the inside car temp reaching 120 with nordkap with no shade and was fine. Don't like AZ temps, move :D JRL lives in PA anyway.

Girlie talk!

My past burgundy/black CRX reached 140 in 3 hrs. AC actually failed to work until the sun had been down at least an hour. It would come out the vent in the 80s.
In July/August we get our monsoon season, where its in the low 90s and 80+% humidity. I hate that more than 108+. Besides, no Snowmageddons here unless you wanna make the 30 mi drive up the mtn to go skiiing. Just saying Gobi has a place in some parts of the world.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Girlie talk!

My past burgundy/black CRX reached 140 in 3 hrs. AC actually failed to work until the sun had been down at least an hour. It would come out the vent in the 80s.
In July/August we get our monsoon season, where its in the low 90s and 80+% humidity. I hate that more than 108+. Besides, no Snowmageddons here unless you wanna make the 30 mi drive up the mtn to go skiiing. Just saying Gobi has a place in some parts of the world.
Congrats. So do Camels, but I still think they are ugly too, its just my own opinion that Gobi is ugly :D I look at it nordkap like when a woman wears high heels, they hurt like hell but damn if they ain't sexy looking, beauty is pain. At 140 your gonna burn your ass regardless if its nordkap or gobi, just get fabric, tint or a sunshade if your worried

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Nice! That Gobi looks better than decent. Clean the hood blanket off the charge pipe! That's R ownership 101. Very clean though. Wheels look nice too

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It doesn't clean, the paint wears off over time
Wheels are crap
ALL are curbed, the two on the right side are bad and gouged/chunked.
I'm going to go with two new ones as it needs tires anyway and just blend in the lefts which have very mild curbing (2" or less and 1/4" high) and not gouged.

That's pretty much it, I have all the records, the 60K service was done 2000 miles ago plus I changed the oil again anyway

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I see...well your pictures make it look better than it is then..well done..haha..i used a little rubbin alcohol on my charge pipe when I got it and it came off fine and dodnt wear the paint of the pipe either

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Saw the car at Jim's today. VERY nice. Too bad it didn't have more miles and nav as it would definitely be mine!

Ti/Gobi is one of my favorite combos.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts