SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.
My name is Tom and I just picked up a 2018 T6 Momentum silver/Amber 18k miles with some basic options that are enough for my wife.
We are a huge Volvo family, having owned an s40, two manual S60R, P2 xc70, xc60 (for sale) and now an XC90.

While this is going to be my family car driven by my wife, I can't leave it completely stock. I've got the following questions:
1. Thoughts on 20 inch Momentum wheels? Found a set for $2k (I bet I can haggle to $1400). Or do I hold off for Inscription 21s? What prices do used sets sell for?

2. Rear door sub shades. Is there a way to retrofit them? I've got two baby seats in the rear.

3. Steering wheel. I want to buy a heated wheel. Csn it easily be done? Can I just install it and take it to the dealer to program it? Is wiring already in the steering wheel?

4. Which tow hitch do you recommend? Oem or any other after market? (I'll be carrying bikes etc - better than roof rack)

5. Thoughts on swapping Inscription grille and maybe door panels? Or is it frown upon. (I kind of prefer the look of the inscription but wifey would not care much for spending more $ on it)

6. Any issues if I do my own oil changes? If so, how to reset the counter? What oil do you use and how much?

7. Any other must do mods? I'm great at DIY and not afraid to get down and dirty.

Thanks in advance!

And here is my former S60R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
2. Rear door sub shades. Is there a way to retrofit them? I've got two baby seats in the rear.
Do you mean the optional one for Inscription trim that rolls into the 2nd door liner card?

Fwiw, I found this aftermarket set of 9pc shade. https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...h-window-sunshade-adapting-an-aftermarket-set

5. Thoughts on swapping Inscription grille and maybe door panels? Or is it frown upon. (I kind of prefer the look of the inscription but wifey would not care much for spending more $ on it)
My personal take is that manufacturers will design based on their set of requirements, and that it will never be just right for every single customer. So, to the extent that no safety / reliability / regulations are compromised, by all means :)

Imho, the MY2020 grille, with curved slats similar to the SPA v90, looks better than the MY2016-2019 SPA xc90, even for the non chrome Momentum variant. Perhaps wait for that one?

As for door panels; do you mean the wood trim inside?

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Looks like you want to morph it to Inscription as you like several Inscription features:
in-door sun screen, decorations, grille, etc.

Particularly for the in-door sunscreen, you need at least the door panel with the opening. I bet inside the door there is some space for the sunscreen itself. But whether parts is available is a question. I would think that sunscreen seldom needs repair.

For tow hitch, if just for bikes, stealthhitch is good and economical. There is also an invisiblehitch, and the OEM one.

DIY oil change should be no problem.

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Looks like I'll be ordering the OEM Sunshade for the rear.
I'll wait for 2020 Grille - much bette rlooking.
Thanks about stealthhitch - gonna get that one!

Oh..I found OEM Inscription 20 inch wheels...not big enough> Looks like I really want 21s

·
Registered
543 Posts
EBay is your friend for wheels. Picked up R Design 20” for about $200 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts