SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member here. Just bought my first Volvo and am enjoying driving it very much. One thing I’m confused by: my understanding was that all-wheel drive was only available on the Cross Country T5in 2016, and that all 2016 T5s were front wheel drive. And yet the badge on the rear of the car says “T5 AWD”. Is this a front wheel or all wheel drive car?

Thanks!

-Ian

·
Registered
155 Posts
All of the 4 cyl 2.0 liter turbo "Drive-E" new generation engine with the 8-speed transmission. (which lives in every single Volvo going forward) only came in FWD on the 2015, 2015.5 and 2016 model years. 2016 AWD means you have the 2.5 liter 5 cylinder turbo what is known as one of the legacy engines (that found itself in many Volvos since the early 90s) with the 6 speed transmission.
In 2017, the 5 cylinder was discontinued in all Volvos, and now the 4 cylinder was offered with AWD.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

New member here. Just bought my first Volvo and am enjoying driving it very much. One thing I’m confused by: my understanding was that all-wheel drive was only available on the Cross Country T5in 2016, and that all 2016 T5s were front wheel drive. And yet the badge on the rear of the car says “T5 AWD”. Is this a front wheel or all wheel drive car?

Thanks!

-Ian
I am considering a 2016 v6 cc premier version with 19k miles. Is there any vibration at idle with this configuration? How powerful does the engine feel..? Thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts