SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a dumb thought but......

I have personally owned 3 Volvos this far, and never have I had so many angry drivers flipping me off, yelling at me, brake checking me etc. in any other car but the Volvo(s). Ive driven hondas, VWs, Mercedes, Nissans, and never have I had so many confrontations with other drivers then in the Volvos.

WTF gives??????

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I've never driven anything but Volvos since 1986 and I've only been flipped off maybe twice in my life, once I actually deserved it. Maybe your driving has deteriorated?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Interesting that you feel that way. When I drove Volvos, I found that people were generally quite courteous, opening up gaps in traffic when I signaled, waving me in, etc.

Not until I started driving BMWs did I find other drivers to become less accommodating. Probably because of the preconceived notion of BMW drivers, people more often actively block my merge into traffic. I always picture them thinking "This pr!ck in his fancy car thinks he's going to get in front of me. I don't THINK so!"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL thats how I think of BMW drivers.

I usually drive very courteously, and am not a speeding maniac.

My biggest beef is people who ride on the left lane, if you're not friggin passing then move the hell over!!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Are you sure you're not tailgating them? Are you following the 2 second rule? This and road rage are usually the only things that usually elicit brake checking in my experience.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would probably take off your giant dayglow windshield banner that says "F*** you all & yo Mama!" :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts